- 20 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Ratification of the Grant Contract for the Implementation of the SNF’s Health Initiative
The Grant Contract between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek State for the implementation of infrastructure, education and equipment-related projects, which are part of the SNF’s large-scale grant Initiative to support the Health Sector in Greece, was ratified under law by the Greek Parliament on Thursday, September 20th, 2018.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Renzo Piano to Design SNF Agora Institute Building at Johns Hopkins University
On Thursday, September 20th, 2018, world-renowned architect Renzo Piano and his Genoa-based office, the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW), were announced as the architects to design the new headquarters of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at the Johns Hopkins University.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Co-President, A. Dracopoulos, Attends Tactical Exercise by Hellenic Army General Staff - The SNF Approves €1.7 Million Grant to the Hellenic Army Academy
On Tuesday August 28th, 2018, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, and representatives of the SNF attended tactical exercises at the Hellenic Army General Staff – Engineer Directorate in Loutraki, in the presence of the Chief of the Hellenic Army General Staff, Lieutenant General Alkiviadis Stefanis. The visit is part of the Foundation’s evaluation of its recent grants towards the Armed Forces.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Emergency Grant Totaling €25 Million to Support the Hellenic Fire Department and Prevention & Training Initiatives
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Interview of the SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, on Protagon.gr
In an interview with the Greek news portal Protagon.gr, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, discusses current events, the Foundation’s relationship with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC), “a real beast that constantly asks for your attention”, as he noted, but also an example of good cooperation between all parties involved, the SNF’s new Health Initiative as well as this year's World Cup.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / State-of-the-Αrt Equipment Granted by SNF to the new Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center at Andreas Syggros Hospital in Athens
Through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), two state-of-the-art pieces of equipment have been added to the medical assets of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center of Andreas Syggros Hospital in Athens. The Center’s renovated facilities, housing the equipment, was inaugurated on Wednesday, September 19th, 2018.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Announcement from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), we express our sincere congratulations to Ms. Lydia Koniordou for her appointment as President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). We wish her every success in her new role.
- 18 SEPTEMBER 2018 / SNF Attends the Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine’s Annual Gala
On Monday, September 17th, 2018, representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) attended the Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine’s (FOCOS) annual gala, celebrating the organization’s 20th anniversary. Friends and supporters of FOCOS were in attendance, including the SNF.
- 17 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The Mobile Medical Units Travel to the Island of Agathonisi
From September 14th to September 16th, 2018, the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) were to the island of Agathonisi to provide free, comprehensive medical care of high quality and support to the island’s residents.