- Palliative care focuses on providing relief for people living with a serious illness, with a goal of improving quality of life for patients and their families. The Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) works to make palliative care more broadly available to patients across the United States by improving the skills and knowledge of clinicians who serve seriously ill patients and their families.
- Advances in biology and medicine might expand the range of our scientific capabilities, but shed no light on what we should do, how those capabilities should be used.
- Mophradat, a Brussels-based nonprofit, seeks to create opportunities for artists from the diverse Arab world to create and share new work.
- The incubator for Media Education and Development, iMEdD, will present an advanced editorial illustration workshop by leading industry professionals, award-winning artist, designer, educator at the School of Visual Arts and longtime collaborator of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Viktor Koen and former New York Times Opinion art director Alexandra Zsigmond.
- One hundred young people, ages 22 to 30, will become Members of Parliament for a day as part of the Young Citizens and the Constitution educational program implemented by the Center for European Constitutional Law with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- For Professor Jeffrey Wasserstrom, the “death of Hong Kong as we know it” is only the beginning of the story.
- The sight of colorful kites in the sky in Greece means that it’s Clean Monday, the beginning of Lent. Prespes in Northern Greece will celebrate the national holiday in style on Monday with kites, a Carnival parade, costumes, traditional Lenten food, and local brass band Presband on the shores of Lake Prespa in the village of Psarades.
- If you don’t have this weekend—or the whole month of March—completely planned out, don’t worry! The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has plenty planned for you.
25 FEBRUARY 2020SNF Honored for its Support of Greek Rowing Athletes as They Prepare for the 2020 Olympic GamesDuring an event by the Hellenic Rowing Federation, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its support to the athletes of the federation in their preparation for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.