- 10 May 2019 / STAF06 Ηolds Memory and Research Week
This week, from May 6 to 10, high school-based project STAF06 is holding its Memory and Research Week. Founded in 2008 by five high school teachers, STAF06 engages high schools and the public in Nice in encouraging active citizenship by focusing attention on genocide in the 20th century.
- 09 May 2019 / Ten Weeks of Powerful Free Theater Coming to Brooklyn with Antigone in Ferguson
“Υou’ll become aware that there’s more than one chorus in the house. In addition to the annotative singers onstage, there are the people sitting around you.”
- 09 May 2019 / “Gene Editing and the Future of Human Health” at the New York Stem Cell Foundation
On Wednesday, May 8, New York Stem Cell Foundation held a panel discussion on the incredible possibilities—and profound ethical questions—opened up by DNA-editing technology.
- 09 May 2019 / Global Editors Network Announces Speakers for Summit
The Global Editors Network (GEN) presented a detailed program for and announced the speakers at its upcoming international Summit at a press conference on Thursday, May 9, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 May 2019 / SNF RUN: Running into the Future – June 23rd 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s SNF RUN: Running to the Future evening race returns for its fifth consecutive year on June 23, also the occasion of Olympic Day. Thousands of runners will start at the Panathenaic Stadium and cross the finish line at the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), the summer’s greatest celebration, which will be taking place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 May 2019 / Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Papageorgiou General Hospital
To mark the completion of a project to supply equipment and create a breast milk bank at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUT), the Papageorgiou General Hospital held an inauguration ceremony on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
- 08 May 2019 / SNF Supports the Expansion of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Oxford University
The $3.9 million SNF grant will support the generous endowment of the prestigious Bywater and Sotheby Professorship of Byzantine and Modern Greek Language and Literature and the Associate Professorship of Byzantine Archaeology and Visual Culture and will ensure the long-term vitality of teaching and research in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Oxford.
- 08 May 2019 / National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Fellows Present Doctoral Research
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) hosted an event at which the doctoral candidates taking part in a fellowship program supported by SNF presented the progress of their theses.
- 08 May 2019 / “Exposure: On Writing in Prison” at PEN America World Voices Festival
On Wednesday, May 8, PEN America will host “Exposure: On Writing in Prison” as part of its World Voices Festival taking place from May 6 to 12 in New York City. The event explores the risks incurred by incarcerated writers and the tension inherent in writing done in prison but destined for readers outside.