- 31 OCTOBER 2018 / Greek Filmmakers Take the Screen in Baltimore
A musician loses his dog in Cyprus. A wife tries to foster a rapprochement between her policeman husband and activist daughter. A man’s wife wakes up from a coma, and he is devastated.
- 30 OCTOBER 2018 / Inauguration of New Dialysis Equipment at the General Hospital of Kastoria
On Friday November 1st, 2018, the General Hospital of Kastoria inaugurates the new equipment for its Renal Dialysis Unit, acquired through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 30 OCTOBER 2018 / 24h Expedition in Crete: Looking for the Beginning of Time
Descending the curvy roads of Mount Psiloritis at 4 a.m. is a real challenge—just not for the reasons we’d have expected. It wasn’t that we were tired in body after a long day of filming or in spirit after a long day of of trying to understand the origins of the universe.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / 2nd Regular Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative
On Thursday, October 25th, 2018, the 2nd Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative between the Greek State and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) took place. The Health Initiative is structured around seven new projects, aiming to further enhance the Greek Health sector, with a budget expected to exceed €250 million.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / The SNF is a Proud Supporter of the Special Olympics
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is proud to partner with Special Olympics in supporting their mission of empowerment through sport and education.
- 26 OCTOBER 2018 / Athens Among the Finalists for the European Capital of Innovation Award with the SNF’s Support
Athens is one of the six cities to reach the final stages of the 2018 European Capital of Innovation contest.
- 25 OCTOBER 2018 / SNF Grant for the Support of Low-Income Families in the Region of Central Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports the Warm Home program, implemented as part of the Prefecture of Central Greece’s social support program Gefyra.
- 25 OCTOBER 2018 / Fostering Greek-German Literary Exchange
The relationship between Greece and Germany has seen many chapters written by broad sociopolitical and intellectual movements. A recent conference in Berlin sought a new chapter in the relationship, this one written though personal, face-to-face literary exchange and collaboration.
- 25 OCTOBER 2018 / Eric Klinenberg on how Social Infrastructure can Strengthen Democracy at the SNF Agora Institute
On Wednesday, October 24th, New York University sociologist, Eric Klinenberg, gave a talk on the far-reaching, life-and-death impacts of social infrastructure, namely shared public spaces, such as libraries, parks, playgrounds and churches, among others, as explored in his recent book, Palaces for the People.