- 13 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF is a Proud Supporter of the Greek Teams that Participated in the 2018 World Finals of the International Student Competition F1 in Schools
Three student teams, from six schools, both public and private, represented Greece at the 2018 World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools, that took place from September 9th to September 12th, 2018, in Singapore.
- 12 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Opening of the Renzo Piano: The Art of Making Buildings Exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts in London
From September 15th, 2018, until January 20th, 2019, the Royal Academy of Arts presents a large exhibition, entitled “Renzo Piano: The Art of Making Buildings”, dedicated to the work and career of the internationally renowned architect, Renzo Piano. The exhibition is held by the Royal Academy of Arts, as part of its 250th anniversary, in collaboration with the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW) and the Fondazione Renzo Piano.
- 12 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Supports Initiatives for Students from Low-Income Families in the Prefecture of Central Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports a series of activities implemented within the framework of the Prefecture of Central Greece’s social integration program, entitled GEFYRA. The program provides emergency financial aid to students whose families face serious financial difficulties.
- 11 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Event for the Presentation of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” Project Supported by SNF
On Monday, September 10th, 2018, as part of this year’s Thessaloniki International Fair, Rutgers University–New Brunswick organized an event for the presentation of the project “New Agriculture for a New Generation”, which is made possible through the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Presentation of the Ε-Ticketing System for Archaeological Sites, Monuments and Museums at the 83rd Thessaloniki International Fair
The official presentation of the e-ticketing system for archaeological sites, monuments and museums took place on Saturday, September 8th, 2018, on the first day of the 83rd Thessaloniki International Fair. The project is implemented with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the National Bank of Greece, by the Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Archaeological Receipts and Expropriations Fund.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / SNF Internship Program: Call for applications for Winter and Summer 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) launches today a call for applications for the next round of Winter and Summer 2019 internships. The application deadline is Monday, October 10th, 2018.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNFCC’s Stavros Niarchos Park was Honored at the European Garden Award 2018/2019
The Stavros Niarchos Park at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was honored with the 1st Prize of the European Garden Award 2018 / 2019 for the category of “Innovative Contemporary Design of a Park or Garden”. The award ceremony was held on September 7th, 2018, in Germany.
- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Inauguration of the New Facilities of the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri in Kefalonia
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the new building that houses the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri was inaugurated on the island of Kefalonia. The former’s facilities had suffered severe damages, following the earthquakes that hit the island in 2014.
- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / National September 11 Memorial & Museum Annual Benefit Dinner
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum held its Annual Benefit Dinner in New York City. Michael R. Bloomberg, Chairman of the Memorial & Museum hosted the event.