- 17 June 2020 / Nature and hospitality in an online film festival from Vamvakou
You wouldn’t guess it by looking at this small mountain village on the slopes of Mount Parnon, but 90 years ago, Vamvakou hosted an early open-air cinema.
- 17 June 2020 / UCLA Launches SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
The University of California, Los Angeles has announced the formal launch of its Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture.
- 17 June 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Interplay between Technology and Democracy: Pοtential and Limitations
The SNF DIALOGUES and the SNF Agora Institute open, during the Summer Nostos Festival: RetroFuture Edition, an online discussion on what technology might mean for democratic systems.
- 16 June 2020 / Mobile Medical Unit Missions to Remote Areas of Greece Resume
The Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) set sail once again for remote islands and isolated regions of mainland Greece, after more than two months of avoiding travel to help contain the pandemic and providing remote care.
- 15 June 2020 / Hellenic Fire Department Better Equipped for Fire Season with Key Progress in €25 million SNF Grant
Even as the pandemic and its effects occupy our collective attention, other pressing needs remain on a number of different fronts. One of these fronts, as fire season starts, is protecting the people and the natural environment of Greece by ensuring that the Fire Department has what they need to fulfill their mission.
- 12 June 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: Tourism in Uncharted Waters
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the future of tourism under the new conditions in Greece and abroad.
- 11 June 2020 / Bioactive Ιnks Αre the Νew Βlack
That spot on your shirt?
- 11 June 2020 / The CSIS Schieffer Series on COVID-19 and Societal Instability
“Uncertainty” has been the watchword of the past few months.
- 11 June 2020 / South China Sea Challenges at First Virtual CSIS Journalism Bootcamp
As the coronavirus pandemic makes already complicated issues around the world even more complex, it also makes the act of reporting on those issues more challenging.