- 08 May 2019 / SNF RUN: Running into the Future – June 23rd 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s SNF RUN: Running to the Future evening race returns for its fifth consecutive year on June 23, also the occasion of Olympic Day. Thousands of runners will start at the Panathenaic Stadium and cross the finish line at the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), the summer’s greatest celebration, which will be taking place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 08 May 2019 / Inauguration of Medical Equipment at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Papageorgiou General Hospital
To mark the completion of a project to supply equipment and create a breast milk bank at the 2nd Neonatal Clinic at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUT), the Papageorgiou General Hospital held an inauguration ceremony on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
- 08 May 2019 / SNF Supports the Expansion of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Oxford University
The $3.9 million SNF grant will support the generous endowment of the prestigious Bywater and Sotheby Professorship of Byzantine and Modern Greek Language and Literature and the Associate Professorship of Byzantine Archaeology and Visual Culture and will ensure the long-term vitality of teaching and research in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Oxford.
- 08 May 2019 / National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Fellows Present Doctoral Research
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) hosted an event at which the doctoral candidates taking part in a fellowship program supported by SNF presented the progress of their theses.
- 08 May 2019 / “Exposure: On Writing in Prison” at PEN America World Voices Festival
On Wednesday, May 8, PEN America will host “Exposure: On Writing in Prison” as part of its World Voices Festival taking place from May 6 to 12 in New York City. The event explores the risks incurred by incarcerated writers and the tension inherent in writing done in prison but destined for readers outside.
- 07 May 2019 / The Mobile Medical Units Visited the Island of Donoussa for a Second Time
The Mobile Medical Units (MMU) left the Sporades and headed for the Little Cyclades, with springtime Donoussa as their final destination.
- 07 May 2019 / SNF Announces a New Round of its Internship Program
Looking for an internship position where you can make a positive impact on society? If you’re interested in working at an international philanthropic foundation active in the fields of education, culture, health and sports, and social welfare, apply to the current round of paid internships at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) between today and May 31, 2019.
- 07 May 2019 / Zuckerman Institute Ηosts first Mind Brain Behavior Symposium
From May 6 to 7, Columbia University’s Zuckerman Institute is holding its inaugural Mind Brain Behavior Symposium.
- 06 May 2019 / SNF’s €25 Million Grant to the Hellenic Fire Department—Progress Update
In the summer of 2018, in the wake of the devastating fires that claimed dozens of lives in Greece, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced a grant of €25 million to aid the Hellenic Fire Department.