- The nonprofit organization Regeneration & Progress (R&P) finding ways to continue its work under the constraints imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The organization is adapting to the new reality with programs that make good use of technology to carry out its mission.
- Being able to put life on hold during the pandemic is a privilege that many do not have. Organizations that work to meet the needs of vulnerable groups therefore are also unable to put their work on hold and must find new ways to continue. In this spirit of perseverance, Amimoni is adapting its work to the new conditions, providing services at a distance to families with infants and preschoolers with vision problems.
- For most of us, a pandemic is not in our life experience. In seeking to understand where we are, where we’re headed, and what society will look like when we emerge from it, looking to historical pandemics may provide some clues.
02 APRIL 2020National Theatre Shares Exceptional Theater with Students at Home, and With the Rest of UsEncompassing dozens of stage scintillating performances from the last decade, the National Theatre Collection is now available at home to students and teachers homebound by the coronavirus pandemic.
- We believe it is critical that the work of our grantee organization continues, in spite of and because of the challenges we now collectively face. We are here to work closely with them to help meet their needs—and, by extension, the needs of society at large.
- Over the past few weeks, the world has experienced extraordinary and rapidly evolving developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each day we face a new and different reality. With the health and safety of everyone involved as our absolute priority, it is with great sadness that we announce the cancelation of the 2020 Summer Nostos Festival and SNF Conference.
24 MARCH 2020National Constitution Center Offers Interactive Online Courses to Homebound U.S. StudentsAs democratic governments battling the coronavirus pandemic balance individual liberties with collective health outcomes, careful thinking about the guidelines set out by the U.S. Constitution is more critical than ever.
- While most in Thessaloniki are staying at home for the health of themselves and others, that’s not an option for everyone.
20 MARCH 2020SNF Agora Series Asks What Democratic Participation Looks Like in the Age of Social DistancingHow are political and social systems influencing the global spread of COVID-19? And how, in turn, might they begin to be reshaped by it?