08 MAY 2020Congratulations to Vassilis Kekatos for his film “As You Sleep the World Empties” and to the Onassis Foundation for the ENTER projectThe unprecedented times we’ve been living through in recent months have brought us all closer together—every country, every organization, every individual. Each effort made to alleviate the effects of the pandemic is significant and should be appreciated.
30 APRIL 2020SNF Distributes $31 million First Round of Grants to Reach Areas Hardest Hit by COVID-19Responding to the severe and unprecedented challenges posed around the globe by COVID-19, a $100 million global initiative by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) aims to help address the impacts of the pandemic.
- They clean the streets, they perform surgeries, they distribute food, the collect the garbage, they provide medicine, they regulate traffic, they report on the news.
30 APRIL 2020Barça Foundation and SNF Join Forces to Support the Most Vulnerable in the Fight Against Covid-19Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of its newly launched $100 million global relief initiative against COVID-19, is joining forces with Barca Foundation. Thanks to this support, the Barça Foundation will be convening coordinated emergency response and relief projects in Catalonia in collaboration with the Red Cross and the Government of Catalonia’s Ministry of Education.
- Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Johns Hopkins University has served as a trusted source for timely, accurate data on the spread of the virus, available in a readily comprehensible form. Now, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Hopkins is expanding their COVID-19 resources with new testing information and analysis.
- The top priority for the Network for Children’s Rights (NCR) Youth Center in the midst of the pandemic has been to maintain as much of its programming—and momentum—engaging and supporting the youth as much as possible.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) DIALOGUES held an open discussion with journalists on the quantity and quality of information circulating in the midst of the pandemic.
- It’s going to be a weird summer, so let’s get together to make it good-weird. What can past visions of the future—uncannily accurate or wildly wrong—teach us? How can experiences we had when the present was still future inform our experience of our present future? And where's my AI butler, already?
- The Rockefeller University and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) today announced a $3 million expansion of their longstanding partnership for research and medicine, bolstering Rockefeller’s round-the-clock research initiatives related to COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes it.