- 12 June 2019 / Open Discussion with Residents of Komotini and Thessaloniki on New Hospitals to Be Created Through SNF Grant
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in collaboration with the Municipalities of Komotini and Pylaia-Chortiatis, held two open discussions on the creation of the new SNF General Hospital of Komotini – and of the SNF University Pediatric Hospital of Thessaloniki.
- 11 June 2019 / Carnegie Hall Holds Medal of Excellence Gala
On Monday, June 10, Carnegie Hall hosted is Medal of Excellence Gala in New York City. The event honored Dr. Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation New York, a grant making foundation.
- 11 June 2019 / Green Career Guidance for Girls
For most children, the environment means nature, trees, sea, sun, wind, maybe even recycling. But on Monday, June 10, female students, ages 10-16, had the opportunity, through the “GIRLS DAY” event, to learn something else related to the environment: green jobs.
- 11 June 2019 / Lung Cancer Research Foundation awards research grants commemorating dear SNF colleague
In memory of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) provided support for two new grants through the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) for research on disparities in lung cancer. LCRF announced today the awardees of these grants.
- 10 June 2019 / ARTWORKS Announces the Participants in the 2nd SNF Artist Fellowship Program
Every artist should have the time, the freedom, and the financial means to pursue their art. ARTWORKS is here to create the right conditions for Greek artists, offering them financial support and opportunities to showcase their work through the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Artist Fellowship Program.
- 10 June 2019 / Walking along Agiou Mina Street in Thessaloniki
Agiou Mina Street in Thessaloniki takes us back some 60 years, when the tram used to cross it, to continue along Tsimiski Street.
- 10 June 2019 / SyntagmaWatch – A New Digital Way to Learn About Greece’s Constitution
With the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Center for European Constitutional Law – Themistokles and Dimitris Tsatsos Foundation has implemented an innovative civic program entitled “Young Citizens and the Constitution.”
- 10 June 2019 / Greek National Opera’s Alternative Stage Travels to Milan
Castello Sforzesco in Milan will be filled with melodies by Manos Hadjidakis for a magical evening on Tuesday, June 11. As part of the three-year tribute to the Greek composer, and the festival platform Milano incontra la Grecia, the Alternative Stage of the Greek National Opera (GNO) presents piano works by Hadjidakis performed by two distinguished young Greek pianists, Stefanos Thomopoulos and Thodoris Tzovanakis.
- 07 June 2019 / The MMUs Return to the Peloponnese, Headed to Andritsaina
From Amorgos, to Evia, and then to Andritsaina within less than a month.