- 19 JULY 2018 / The SNF Supports the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Greece
In June 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved a grant application by the National Museum of Contemporary Art, in Athens, Greece. The SNF contribution amounts to more than $3 million (~$3,624,502).The grant aims to support the Museum in fulfilling all the necessary steps that will lead to its completion and full operation, and enable it to stay open to the public on a permanent basis.
- 18 JULY 2018 / Girl Scout Troop 6000 Announces a Successful First Year
On Thursday, July 12th, 2018, the New York City Mayor’s Fund and the Department of Homeless Services held a girl-led press conference on the steps of City Hall in New York to announce a successful first year, in addition to an expansion of, Girl Scout Troop 6000. Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City, spoke at the event, thanking Troop 6000’s many supporters, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 17 JULY 2018 / The 8th International Aegean Film Festival Organizes a Storytelling Workshop in Athens and Patmos island, with the SNF’s Support
The International Aegean Film Festival, the annual meeting point for filmmakers and storytellers from across the world, presents this year a curated program that includes documentaries and short films, as well as series of events and activities.
- 17 JULY 2018 / Tanenbaum Nursing Symposium for the Promotion of Religio-cultural Competency in Nursing Education
On Thursday, July 19th, 2018, the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding hosts a full-day symposium at the Columbia University School of Nursing in New York City.
- 16 JULY 2018 / The Mobile Medical Units Travel to Prespes
From July 12th to July 15th, 2018, the Mobile Medical Units (MMU) visited Prespes to provide free comprehensive medical care and support to the residents of the remote area of Laimos.
- 16 JULY 2018 / DIALOGUES: Football will Save the World!
On Friday, July 13th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held the ninth event of the series DIALOGUES under the title “Football will save the world.” For the first time ever, DIALOGUES were held outdoors, within the Great Lawn area of the Stavros Niarchos Park and with a focus on the king of Sports, football.
- 16 JULY 2018 / The Culture Pass Initiative Launches in New York City with Support from the SNF
On Monday, July 16th, 2018, the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), The New York Public Library, and Queens Library launched Culture Pass, a city-wide initiative providing free access to cultural institutions across New York’s five boroughs to the millions of library card holders in the city.
- 13 JULY 2018 / The SNF Supports the 6th Εdition of the Syros International Film Festival
The Syros International Film Festival (SIFF) returns for its sixth edition from July 17th to 22nd, 2018, embedding a series of film events that cut across genre and time, complemented by live performances, all taking place in unique locations around the island of Syros.
- 11 JULY 2018 / The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Hosts the Second SNF-Funded CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism
The week of June 8th, 2018, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosted the second CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs.