- Since our founding, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s fundamental mission has been to promote the common good. We are proud that together with our grantee partners—our friends and collaborators—we have contributed to improving the lives of those in need.
- As the spread of COVID-19 becomes ever more the focus of global concern, iMEdD Lab has created an interactive, user-friendly application to help the public stay informed of the geographic distribution of the virus and abreast of ongoing developments.
12 MARCH 2020Folk Song and Weaving, Hip Hop and Oral History Combine in New Public Humanities ProjectsThe Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) has announced its first cohort of projects.
- Are you a young Greek artist?
- In line with many other institutions, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is monitoring the situation with COVID-19 very closely, particularly as it relates to the public events the Foundation organizes. The safety and wellbeing of participants is our highest priority at these events.
11 MARCH 2020SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Frasier University Releases Annual Publication“It was an absolute pleasure to work in such a friendly and supportive environment with so many experienced and talented officers,” says Simon Fraser University undergraduate Kyra Mainer of her experience interning at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) Athens office.
- Spyros Louis’ Silver cup has traveled more than 290 kilometers to the Ancient Olympic Games Museum, on the occasion of the Olympic Flame Lighting Ceremony for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, which will take place on March 12th. The Cup will remain there temporarily, next to Spyros Louis’ skyphos vase, which recently became a permanent exhibit of the collection.
- Over the weekend, kids in the Brazilian city of Taquaritinga gained a new place to play that’s not only safe and dignified, but good enough for a superstar soccer pro.
- Do you know a leader in any field of work whose vision makes them stand out not only in their field, but also in life?