- 17 OCTOBER 2017 / The SNF supports WWF Greece’s nationwide awareness campaign on sustainable nutrition
Thessaloniki was the first stop of the new nationwide campaign “Healthy children, healthy planet“ from WWF Greece aiming to spread the message of sustainable nutrition, or “that what is good for our health is also good for the environment”.
- 17 OCTOBER 2017 / Athens Digital Lab: An innovative venture that changes Athens and supports youth entrepreneurship
In the framework of the implementation of the digital strategy of the municipality of Athens and with an exclusive grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Athens Partnership with the cooperation of COSMOTE, Nokia and SNF, create the Athens Digital Lab. The unique smart city research and development laboratory, supports innovative solutions that will improve the quality of life of Athens’ residents and visitors.
- 17 OCTOBER 2017 / Annual Hadrian Gala Hosted by the World Monuments Fund
On Monday, October 16th, the World Monuments Fund (WMF) hosted their annual Hadrian Gala in New York City. The evening honored Deborah Lehr with the 2017 Hadrian Award, in recognition of her work with the Antiquities Coalition, and for her commitment to safeguarding and preserving antiquities under threat from conflict, extremism, and looting, particularly in the Middle East. Frank Stella also received the 2017 Watch Award, to acknowledge his activism, which helped save the A. Conger Goodyear House, a modern landmark, from demolition.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / Special Olympics International “Unified Sports” Event Held in Rome
“Unified Sports”, a three-day international event hosted by the Special Olympics International (SOI), began on Friday, October 13th, in Rome, Italy, under the auspices of His Holiness, the Pope. The event was attended by Special Olympics athletes and representatives, and supporters of SOI, including a representative from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The SNF has an ongoing collaboration with Special Olympics International.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / Andreas Dracopoulos, the SNF’s Co-President, talks to UPenn’s Pillars Magazine
Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, was interviewed by Pillars magazine, a publication of the University of Pennsylvania, which examines the impact of leadership philanthropy on their institution.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / SNF Introduces The SNF Dialogues
The SNF is launching a monthly series of live events under the title SNF Dialogues, featuring thought and action provoking discussions that will bring together, among others, experts and established leaders from different fields and backgrounds, representatives from the civil society, individuals who inspire with their work and vision.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / The architectural magazine Domes features the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
An editorial tribute to the different perspectives of Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) that manifests Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) continuous commitment to Greece and its future. Domes, a magazine focusing on architectural design, is hosting architectural pieces from junior to senior talented architects, from all over the world.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / The SNF supports Prolepsis’ School Food Aid Program for the Seventh Consecutive Year
The Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental & Occupational Health (Prolepsis) implements for the seventh consecutive school year the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program - DIATROFI, supported by a major grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in public schools located in socio economically vulnerable areas.
- 16 OCTOBER 2017 / The international symposium on “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu ” in France, with the SNF’s support
On October 13th and 14th, the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres organized the international symposium under the theme “Life and climate from Hesiod to Montesquieu” at the ancient Greek dwelling Villa Kérylos in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France.