- 14 JANUARY 2019 / The Mobile Medical Units Traveled to the Greek Island of Schinoussa
Following their latest visit to Anafi, the Mobile Medical Units traveled to the island of Schinoussa, from January 11th to 13th, to provide free comprehensive medical care and support to the residents of the remote island.
- 14 JANUARY 2019 / Event Held by SNF Grantee, Greek Frogmen Association
On Sunday, January 13th, 2019, a New Year’s cake-cutting event was held by the Greek Frogmen Association at the Yacht Club of Greece. Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) representatives participated in the event and were presented with a plaque recognizing SNF's positive contribution to Greek society.
- 14 JANUARY 2019 / SNF Grantee, National Center for Emergency Care, Commemorates Fallen Rescuers
On Monday, January 14th, the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV) held an event marking “Rescuer’s Sacrifice Day” in honor of the memory of all EKAV employees who lost their lives in the line of duty. The event took place in the amphitheater of EKAV’s Operations Center, in the presence of the President of the Republic, the political leadership of the Ministry of Health, and representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 14 JANUARY 2019 / New phase of Financial Journalism Training Program launches in Ghana
The latest phase of Bloomberg Media Initiative Africa’s Financial Journalism Training Program launches today in Ghana with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 14 JANUARY 2019 / Article in Kathimerini on support for Greek National Opera program commemorating the 200th Anniversary of the Greek Revolution of 1821
In a recent article, Kathimerini highlights the importance of the year-long program of events by the Greek National Opera (GNO) to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Greek Revolution of 1821, which will be implemented with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 10 JANUARY 2019 / Grantee Figure Skating in Harlem Featured in The New York Times Style Section
Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee Figure Skating in Harlem was recently featured in The New York Times Style section.
- 09 JANUARY 2019 / January 2019 at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes 2019 with a rich program of events, activities and workshops.
- 08 JANUARY 2019 / Mobile Medical Units: Moving Heaven and Earth to Offer Free Medical Help
Four to 20 hours by sea. This is the length of the journey required, in certain cases, for a simple examination at a diagnostic center.
- 08 JANUARY 2019 / Zambia Inclusive Education Project the Focus of BBC Radio 4 Appeal
A new three-year project by Leonard Cheshire in Zambia is working to see hundreds of children with disabilities enrolled and retained in primary schools.