- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Inauguration of the New Facilities of the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri in Kefalonia
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the new building that houses the Elderly Care Unit of Lixouri was inaugurated on the island of Kefalonia. The former’s facilities had suffered severe damages, following the earthquakes that hit the island in 2014.
- 05 SEPTEMBER 2018 / National September 11 Memorial & Museum Annual Benefit Dinner
On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum held its Annual Benefit Dinner in New York City. Michael R. Bloomberg, Chairman of the Memorial & Museum hosted the event.
- 04 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Supports Greek Teams Participating in the 2018 World Finals of the International Student Competition F1 in Schools
Three student teams will represent Greece at the 2018 World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools that will take place from September 9th to September 12th, 2018, in Singapore. The teams come from six schools, both public and private.
- 31 AUGUST 2018 / September 2018 at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes September, the month of new beginnings, with an exciting program of events, which includes concerts with guests from the international and Greek music scene, theater and dance performances.
- 30 AUGUST 2018 / The President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, Visits the Ecclesiastical Museum of Amorgos, Established with an SNF grant
On August 6th, 2018, the island of Amorgos celebrated the Transfiguration of Jesus, in the presence of the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
- 24 AUGUST 2018 / The Sport Paths Program Continues on Greek Remote Islands with the SNF support
In September 2018, the implementation of the Sport Paths program begins on four Greek remote islands, namely Agios Efstratios, Kastelorizo, Lipsi and Tilos.
- 16 AUGUST 2018 / Worldreader Launches Innovative Children’s Mobile Reading Program in Jordan
On August 15th, 2018, Worldreader announced the launch of Tuta Tuta, an innovative mobile reading program designed to encourage frequent reading to young children in Jordan.
- 16 AUGUST 2018 / The New York Times Highlights Film Forum
On July 31st, 2018, the New York Times published an article highlighting the influential work of Film Forum, in light of its recent renovation and expansion, titled “How Influential is Film Forum? Christopher Nolan and Others Explain.”
- 14 AUGUST 2018 / Message for Genoa
Our thoughts are with the people of Genoa and our friends and partners at the RPBW, following today’s immense tragedy at one of the city’s bridges.