- Upcoming events from Theater of War Productions, a group known for facilitating honest conversations on difficult subjects, will use plays by Sophocles as the starting point for virtual discussions on timely topics: frontline health work in the context of a pandemic and community-police relations in the context of systemic racial injustice.
- Wherever you live, you’ve likely passed a building and wondered about its history.
- In recent years, the Greek National Opera (GNO) has consistently wowed audiences with its varied repertoire, rich productions, and standout artists. Its first live show following Greece’s lockdown continued this trajectory.
- It’s a three-body problem: sourcing nanobodies from antibodies from llama bodies.
20 JULY 2020A Strike Against the Pandemic and Fun to spare at Special Olympics Hellas Bowling TournamentThree teams from three different islands recently came together to compete in a joint bowling match—remotely. Through the first online bowling exhibition match organized by Special Olympics Hellas, broadcast live, the athletes shared in the joy of participation, competition, and sport.
- Last week, New Yorkers were able to enjoy New York Public Library’s brand new central circulating branch in Manhattan, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL), for the first time.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has announced a new round of grants in its $100 million global relief initiative to help alleviate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This third round brings the total allocated to $61.5 million and places particular emphasis on supporting expert organizations working collaboratively to address challenges tied to the pandemic’s socioeconomic impact.
- Since 1915, The National Herald has both captured and been a part of the rich and varied life of Greek-American communities.
- As some commentators see China and the United States sliding into a new cold war, U.S. Senator Mitt Romney joins a discussion hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on “U.S.-China Relations and Great Power Competition.”