- 22 August 2019 / Theater of War Αnnounces Νew Projects
Theater of War Productions excels at taking the social issues we worry—but don’t talk—about and opening meaningful conversations on them with diverse audiences.
- 21 August 2019 / The Summer Vibes Live On All Through September at the SNFCC!
Summer may be winding down, but that doesn’t mean the good summer vibes need to vanish. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is offering a rich program of events to help you ease back into post-summer life as smoothly as possible.
- 20 August 2019 / The World’s Leading Librarian Conference Comes to Athens
If we’re lucky, lazy August offers us a chance to slow down and immerse ourselves in the magic of books.
- 20 August 2019 / A Νew International Exchange Opportunity for Greek Students
Education is one of the four primary pillars of SNF’s grant-making activity, of which a particular focus is promoting international collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and exchange of ideas.
- 20 August 2019 / UMass Amherst Students Hone Skills at CSIS Journalism Bootcamp
Students from University of Massachusetts Amherst have embarked on an intensive journey into the world of international affairs journalism, with the experts at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) as their guides.
- 13 August 2019 / Culture Pass Gives 70,000 New Yorkers Free Access to Cultural Organizations in its First Year
The New York City Culture Pass—a collaborative effort between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Revson Foundation, and New York City’s three library systems—provides city residents with a library card free access to more than 50 cultural institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Museum of Modern Art.
- 12 August 2019 / Summer Camp Fun for Kids, with a Serious Mission
All children have a right to play—to express themselves, explore the world, and, most importantly to just have fun.
- 12 August 2019 / Sunitha Krishnan, Fighter of Sex Trafficking in India, Profiled in Forbes
Sunitha Krishnan, who fights sex trafficking of women and children in India as the head of the non-profit organization Prajwala, has been profiled for her work in Forbes.
- 07 August 2019 / Increasing Educational Opportunity in Nice
“Give to each the opportunity they deserve” is the motto of Institut Louis Germain, a mission they work to fulfill by offering intensive educational programs to students from underserved backgrounds. Following its success in other French cities, the program is expanding into Nice.