- 28 July 2021 / Young Greek Artists Selected for Fourth SNF ARTWORKS Fellowship
It’s what all emerging artists hope for: a stretch of time to dedicate themselves, without constraint, to their artistic practice.
- 27 July 2021 / Early-Career Journalists Explore a Path to Resilience for Central America’s Northern Triangle
Through the latest virtual Journalism Bootcamp at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), young journalists from the University of New Mexico looked at how natural disasters have contributed to mass migration from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras—with an eye to how communities there might grow more resilient in the face of growing climate uncertainty.
- 27 July 2021 / Spotlight on 25 Years of Grantmaking: Notes from SNF Senior Program Officer Roula Siklas
- 26 July 2021 / SNF Nostos Run 2021: Running into the Future
Experience the magic of the evening SNF Nostos Run as it returns in person on August 25.
- 22 July 2021 / Work Begins on New Fire Corps Training Center for Greece
It’s been three years since deadly wildfires swept through the Attica region of Greece, exacting a terrible toll in human life. In the wake of this tragedy, seeking a way to help avert similar disasters, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced a grant of €25 million to support the people who have the difficult task of fighting wildfires.
- 21 July 2021 / SNF-LC Agora Initiative’s First Transatlantic Arts Collaboration Arrives in New York and Athens
What does a hero look like in New York? How about in Athens? A free outdoor visual arts exhibition held in parallel at Lincoln Center and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) explores. The exhibition represents the inaugural artistic collaboration of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation – Lincoln Center (SNF-LC) Agora Initiative, which seeks to reimagine and reactivate public spaces and the arts for a new era through international “Twin Agoras.”
- 19 July 2021 / Program Empowering New York Teachers to Spark Enthusiasm for STEAM Learning Launches Today
A new program, STEAM in the City Powered by Barnard and SNF, is helping teachers in Upper Manhattan confidently deliver engaging curricula in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) that take advantage of the public parks in their neighborhoods.
- 14 July 2021 / SNF Meets with Local Communities to Discuss the Progress of the New Hospitals in Komotini, Thessaloniki, and Sparta as part of the Health Initiative.
On Wednesday, July 7, Thursday, July 8, and Tuesday, July 13, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) hosted open meetings with residents and local authorities in Komotini, Thessaloniki, and Sparta to present and discuss progress on the new SNF General Hospital of Komotini, the SNF University Pediatric Hospital of Thessaloniki, and the new SNF General Hospital of Sparta
- 08 July 2021 / Grants Provide a Springboard to Recovery for Small Businesses from Hawaii to Texas
“This grant and the team’s support are enabling our business to continue and expand a sustainable distribution system for the Community Supported Agriculture program that we launched during COVID when farms across our community experienced a severe drop in revenues,” said Kea Keolanui of O.K. Farms in Hilo, Hawaii.