- 17 July 2020 / Mitt Romney on U.S.-China Competition at the CSIS Schieffer Series
As some commentators see China and the United States sliding into a new cold war, U.S. Senator Mitt Romney joins a discussion hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on “U.S.-China Relations and Great Power Competition.”
- 17 July 2020 / Music and Murals Come to the Village of Vamvakou
In a traditional Greek mountain village in the Peloponnese, you’d expect to find a town square with a “kafeneio” and a tavern—but probably not also a rich trove of public contemporary art.
- 16 July 2020 / FDNY Foundation Receives Grant from the SNF to Provide Protective Equipment for First Responders
New support for essential PPE builds on previous SNF grants to strengthen Fire Department’s ability to keep the public safe.
- 16 July 2020 / Showcasing Sparta’s Rich Archaeological Heritage to Bring New Vitality to the City
On Monday, July 6, 2020, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek state signed agreements for a $5.097.000 grant to expand and comprehensively upgrade the Archaeological Museum of Sparta and a $347.665 grant to showcase the mosaics at the so-called “House of Europa.”
- 13 July 2020 / SNFCC was Awarded 1st Prize in the “Mobility Actions” Category for its Participation in European Mobility Week 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was awarded by the Hellenic Ministry of Environment and Energy the 1st prize in the “Mobility Actions” category, as part of recognizing sustainable mobility actions that participated in last year’s European Mobility Week.
- 10 July 2020 / Young people meet Trophy Challenge of agri-food innovation
In Greece, fewer than 10% of people running farms are under 40 years old. But the young participants of the “Trophy Challenge” have interesting, innovative ideas for evolving and developing the country’s agri-food sector.
- 08 July 2020 / Young Greek Artists Selected for Third SNF ARTWORKS Fellowship
It’s what all emerging artists hope for: a stretch of time to dedicate themselves, without constraint, to their artistic practice.
- 03 July 2020 / An “Off Season” Film Festival
When the prospect of fully restarting tourism seems remote and uncertain, what meaning does the “off season” have? What is “out of season” and what is “in season” during a period of profound disruption to the normal cadence of time?
- 03 July 2020 / Sports Paths Returns to Remote Islands to Help Kids Stay Active
More than 1,300 children living on 13 remote islands, including Agios Efstratios, Samothraki and Psara, are eagerly looking forward to welcoming back Sports Paths and the program’s swimming lessons, sports, creative activities, and wonderful instructors.