- 25 November 2020 / Marking International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
The United Nations calls violence against women and girls a “Shadow Pandemic,” arising from the conditions created by the COVID-19 health crisis that have exacerbated existing issues, particularly in the area of domestic violence.
- 25 November 2020 / Project Getting Street Vendors Back to Work Feeding Hungry New Yorkers Draws Media Coverage
A “huge lifeline” is how one vendor described a program to put street food vendors to work feeding people in need of meals in a recent interview. That program, organized by the Street Vendor Project and supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), has drawn media attention in New York.
- 23 November 2020 / Helping Young New Yorkers Sail through the Pandemic, at Least Literally
It’s a particularly challenging time for young people in New York. Building on existing partnerships with each of the organizations, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has made new grants to nine stellar nonprofits that use sports activities as a framework to support young New Yorkers as they grow and thrive.
- 20 November 2020 / Honoring World Children’s Day and organizations working for the dignity of young people
November 20 is World Children’s Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- 16 November 2020 / A New Way to Watch the Sopranos… of the Greek National Opera
The world-class opera, ballet, and musical theater performances of the Greek National Opera (GNO) are coming soon to a laptop or tablet near you.
- 12 November 2020 / Managing Director Elly Andriopoulou in Kathimerini on where the SNFCC is Headed
In an interview with Greek newspaper Kathimerini a few months into her tenure, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Managing Director Elly Andriopoulou discussed the organization’s priorities and strategic objectives. Emphasizing togetherness and the power of collaboration, Andriopoulou discussed the key role that developing the SNFCC’s artistic outreach will play in the organization’s future plans.
- 11 November 2020 / CYBATHLON Makes Competition a Catalyst for Advancing Assistive Technologies
It’s not every tournament that begins with a Brain-Computer Interface Race.
- 10 November 2020 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at Columbia on Making the Right Moves in a Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has faced us with innumerable new big decisions—who should get tested first?—and given new consequence to what used to be no-brainers—should I go to the grocery store for milk?
- 10 November 2020 / ELIAMEP Discussion, Supported by iMEdD, Takes Stock after US Elections
The nonprofit organization iMEdD has supported the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) in organizing a public online discussion on “The US Elections Day After: What’s Next for the Eastern Mediterranean?”