- 13 FEBRUARY 2020 / Open SNF Events on Culture and Health Invite All to Join the Conversation
This past week, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) held two open public events in Athens, one focusing on cultural resources in Greece and the other on SNF’s major ongoing Health Initiative.
- 10 FEBRUARY 2020 / Learn Greek with innovative new apps from Rebooting the Greek Language
A suite of clever new apps from the Rebooting the Greek Language project seeks to engage young Greek learners with story-driven and game-based language courses.
- 10 FEBRUARY 2020 / Open call: New Cycle of the SNFCC Internship Program
Are you aged 18-35 and interested in gaining insight into the ways a dynamic, multi-functional cultural organization operates?
- 10 FEBRUARY 2020 / A Student Workshop for Women in Science from the SNFCC and the Perimeter Institute
On February 11, 2020, International Day of Women and Girls in Science, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics are hosting a student workshop for 150 high school students with celebrated women working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- 08 FEBRUARY 2020 / One Year of iMEdD: A 24-hour Event Dedicated to Journalism and its Practitioners
On Friday, February 7, iMEdD celebrated its one-year anniversary with a 24-hour event full of workshops, discussions with industry experts from Greece and abroad, activities, the premier of Yorgos Avgeropoulos's documentary “Agora II,” screenings, and plenty of music.
- 07 FEBRUARY 2020 / The future of Alzheimer’s Treatments at New York Stem Cell Foundation
Effective treatments for Alzheimer’s disease have remained elusive, but researchers continue to pursue promising new therapeutic avenues. The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is bringing together experts for a panel discussion on the latest research, “New Hope for Alzheimer's: Emerging Gene and Stem Cell Therapies.”
- 06 FEBRUARY 2020 / The SNF Health Initiative: Improving Healthcare to Improve Life
Healthcare is a necessary good for all people; from the very young to the very old, from big cities to remote islands.
- 05 FEBRUARY 2020 / SNF Sees Access to Culture as a Necessity for All
More than 500 people gathered in Athens to discuss the critical importance of access to cultural resources.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2020 / Sanctuary of Asklepios in Epidaurus Yields New Discoveries
The Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus was the most important healing center of the ancient Hellenic world and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.