- How do humans learn a skill as complex as conversing in a new language? Two Columbia scholars will discuss the neuroscience of language at the latest Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Brain Insight Lecture from Columbia University’s Zuckerman Institute, which will conclude with a participatory Q&A.
- Before he had even turned 12, Chanel traveled from Cameroon to Greece, fleeing civil war in the country where he lost his parents. He lived in Greece for six years, staying in a shelter run by The HOME Project and attending, on scholarship, a high school where his basketball talent was recognized. Now, he has moved to the United States to study at Bethany College in Kansas on a basketball scholarship.
- It’s what all emerging artists hope for: a stretch of time to dedicate themselves, without constraint, to their artistic practice.
- With fresh support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture at UCLA in Los Angeles and the SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University (SFU) in British Columbia are piloting a Pacific coast corridor of exchange and collaboration.
12 SEPTEMBER 2022Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL) recognized with International Architecture AwardNew York’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL) has been recognized with the International Architecture Award in the library category, recently conferred at an event in Athens. The award went to architecture firm Mecanoo, which led the design of the new Manhattan library.
- A significant grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will help Columbia University’s Institute for Ideas and Imagination continue and expand its work, as Columbia describes it, “to foster fresh ways of thinking about art, scholarship, and knowledge.”
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) has announced the establishment of a permanent new position for a lecturer in Modern Greek.
- We would like to express our great sorrow for the loss of Susan L. Solomon, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF).
- Delta restaurant at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was recognized with the 2022 Restaurant & Bar Design Award in the Europe – In Another Space category, which includes dining venues in Europe located in museums, airports, public transit—anywhere other than hotels.