- It’s not every tournament that begins with a Brain-Computer Interface Race.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has faced us with innumerable new big decisions—who should get tested first?—and given new consequence to what used to be no-brainers—should I go to the grocery store for milk?
- The nonprofit organization iMEdD has supported the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) in organizing a public online discussion on “The US Elections Day After: What’s Next for the Eastern Mediterranean?”
- Behind the polarization and partisanship that characterize the period surrounding the 2020 U.S. presidential election lies a deeper truth: we all have to live with each other, somehow.
04 NOVEMBER 2020Discovering Diversity of Women’s Costumes in Greece as UCLA and the Benaki CollaborateThe history of Greece, with its many actors and many acts, its stitched into the traditional regional costumes of Greek women. “Hellenic Together,” a new lecture series organized collaboratively by two Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantees, kicks off with a look at the sartorial family tree of these garments.
- Don’t let its name fool you; the Greek National Opera (GNO) is not just for Greeks. The GNO is attracting the interest of audiences and journalists around the world, and a recent piece in French newspaper Les Echos took an extended look at the GNO’s work and the support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that helps enable it to “shine.”
- The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the challenges—and opportunities—facing workers and businesses as the way we work evolves.
28 OCTOBER 2020Pollyanna Οffers Snapshot of How Independent Schools are Approaching the 2020 ElectionSeventy-nine percent of heads of independent schools contacted in a recent survey by Pollyanna and the National Association of Independent Schools say they hope to help their students feel safe and comfortable asking questions about the 2020 election.
26 OCTOBER 2020SNF Paideia Program Begins Series on Racism and Anti-racism with Focus on the Economic SystemThe Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program at the University of Pennsylvania is kicking off a series of 13 interdisciplinary discussion on “Racism and Anti-Racism in Contemporary America” with a conversation on “Income and Wealth Disparities.”