- In the latest round of SNF’s $100 million global COVID-19 relief initiative, new grants continue the initiative’s focus on supporting organizations providing essential services to vulnerable populations.
- The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the quality of public discourse and the importance of dialogue in an era of intense polarization.
- One is an oceanographer who champions conservation efforts. One is a human rights lawyer who uses the law to free political prisoners. And one is an engineer and social entrepreneur using data to improve and save lives.
- The United Nations calls violence against women and girls a “Shadow Pandemic,” arising from the conditions created by the COVID-19 health crisis that have exacerbated existing issues, particularly in the area of domestic violence.
25 NOVEMBER 2020Project Getting Street Vendors Back to Work Feeding Hungry New Yorkers Draws Media CoverageA “huge lifeline” is how one vendor described a program to put street food vendors to work feeding people in need of meals in a recent interview. That program, organized by the Street Vendor Project and supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), has drawn media attention in New York.
- It’s a particularly challenging time for young people in New York. Building on existing partnerships with each of the organizations, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has made new grants to nine stellar nonprofits that use sports activities as a framework to support young New Yorkers as they grow and thrive.
20 NOVEMBER 2020Honoring World Children’s Day and organizations working for the dignity of young peopleNovember 20 is World Children’s Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- The world-class opera, ballet, and musical theater performances of the Greek National Opera (GNO) are coming soon to a laptop or tablet near you.
- In an interview with Greek newspaper Kathimerini a few months into her tenure, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Managing Director Elly Andriopoulou discussed the organization’s priorities and strategic objectives. Emphasizing togetherness and the power of collaboration, Andriopoulou discussed the key role that developing the SNFCC’s artistic outreach will play in the organization’s future plans.