- 17 SEPTEMBER 2018 / DIALOGUES: Beginnings
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is hosting the 10th event of its monthly series DIALOGUES, on Beginnings. The event will take place at the Lighthouse of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, at 17:30 (EET).
- 17 SEPTEMBER 2018 / A 40-day Journey Around the World of Architecture, as part of the Renzo Piano World Tour Award 2018, Supported by SNF
Three graduates of architectural departments from the National Technical University of Athens, the University of Madrid and the University of Padua, winners of the Renzo Piano World Tour Award 2018, took part in an educational 40-day journey around the world of architectural design and construction.
- 14 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Free Theater of War Productions’ Performances at Harlem Stage, Exclusively Supported by SNF
On Thursday, September 13th, 2018 Harlem Stage kicked off a free, five-week run of performances of Theater of War Production’s “Antigone in Ferguson”, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 13 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Summer Nostos Festival // June 23 – 30, 2019: An Eight-Day International Multifaceted Arts, Sports and Education Festival
The Summer Nostos Festival 2019 is nine months away. From June 23rd to June 30th, 2019, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, host, organizer and exclusive supporter of the SNFestival, will return, for a large celebration to the “home” it created for all people, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). Eight days full of music, festivities, intellectual stimulation, sports activities, and many other surprises for all!
- 13 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Phyta Selected to Advance in the United Nations’ Hult Prize
Phyta, founded in 2016 by Eliza Harrison, Lucy Best, and Emily Kian, was selected as one of the final six teams to advance in the Hult Prize, an international social entrepreneurship competition supported by the United Nations. Each year, Hult Prize announces a business challenge based on one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- 13 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF is a Proud Supporter of the Greek Teams that Participated in the 2018 World Finals of the International Student Competition F1 in Schools
Three student teams, from six schools, both public and private, represented Greece at the 2018 World Finals of the international STEM student competition F1 in Schools, that took place from September 9th to September 12th, 2018, in Singapore.
- 12 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Opening of the Renzo Piano: The Art of Making Buildings Exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts in London
From September 15th, 2018, until January 20th, 2019, the Royal Academy of Arts presents a large exhibition, entitled “Renzo Piano: The Art of Making Buildings”, dedicated to the work and career of the internationally renowned architect, Renzo Piano. The exhibition is held by the Royal Academy of Arts, as part of its 250th anniversary, in collaboration with the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW) and the Fondazione Renzo Piano.
- 12 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Supports Initiatives for Students from Low-Income Families in the Prefecture of Central Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) supports a series of activities implemented within the framework of the Prefecture of Central Greece’s social integration program, entitled GEFYRA. The program provides emergency financial aid to students whose families face serious financial difficulties.
- 11 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Event for the Presentation of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” Project Supported by SNF
On Monday, September 10th, 2018, as part of this year’s Thessaloniki International Fair, Rutgers University–New Brunswick organized an event for the presentation of the project “New Agriculture for a New Generation”, which is made possible through the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).