- 18 October 2019 / The Drum Major Instinct and other Theater of War Projects Spark Discussion this Fall
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s powerful final sermon becomes a starting point for community discussion in Theater of War Productions’ The Drum Major Instinct project. It’s one of several projects from Theater of War’s innovative roster being performed in New York City this fall.
- 17 October 2019 / “No Finish Line,” both an Event and a Philosophy for Child Welfare
“No Finish Line” is the name Children & Future gives its weeklong fundraising event for children in need, in which participants cover as much ground as they can on a circular track.
- 16 October 2019 / Another Distinction for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
More than two years after its completion and delivery to the Greek people, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) continues to garner international distinctions for the quality of its design and construction.
- 16 October 2019 / SNF Paideia Program at UPenn Sponsors First Event, Focusing on Environmental Citizenship
Efforts to tackle climate change, and how successful they ultimately are, are inextricably linked to the functioning of our democracies.
- 16 October 2019 / El Greco in Paris: Cretan-Born, Italian-Trained Artist who Worked in Spain Comes to France
Born in Crete, steeped in the post-Byzantine tradition, trained in Italy, and ultimately flourishing in Spain, El Greco embodies the intercultural movement and exchange that have long characterized Greek history.
- 15 October 2019 / First Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award Winner Announced
Dar Yasin, an Associated Press photojournalist from Kashmir, was awarded the Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award for his work Kashmir: Endless War.
- 15 October 2019 / Five years of offering a brighter future for young Greeks
How can we address chronic problems facing Greece such as rising unemployment rates and a brain drain of talent?
- 15 October 2019 / V.Lab (Vamvakou Technology Lab fully powered by SNF) opens its doors to the public
A pioneering new technology hub, the V.Lab (Vamvakou Technology Lab fully powered by Stavros Niarchos Foundation), opens its doors to the public and offers free trial robotics lessons from Saturday 19 October to Saturday 9 November, in Vamvakou Laconia.
- 15 October 2019 / Weekends in Vamvakou! October 19-20, 2019
A robot, walnuts, a reimagined school, and a great festival! Local tradition and customs, as well as seasonal tastes, colors, and aromas, blend seamlessly with new technologies and a look to their future in Vamvakou, making it a truly unique family destination.