- 09 March 2020 / Soccer Star Gives Kids in his Native Brazil a Quality Place to play
Over the weekend, kids in the Brazilian city of Taquaritinga gained a new place to play that’s not only safe and dignified, but good enough for a superstar soccer pro.
- 05 March 2020 / Tällberg Foundation Seeks Nominations for 2020 Global Leadership Prize
Do you know a leader in any field of work whose vision makes them stand out not only in their field, but also in life?
- 05 March 2020 / Greek National Opera has opened its Curtain on Enchantment for 80 years
Eighty years ago today, the Greek National Opera (GNO) staged its inaugural performance, Johann Strauss II’s famous operetta Die Fledermaus. To mark the anniversary, hundreds have gathered for a contemporary production of the same operetta, celebrating the GNO’s rich past and ambitious future.
- 05 March 2020 / Expanding Access to Palliative Care through Tailored Training for Clinicians
Palliative care focuses on providing relief for people living with a serious illness, with a goal of improving quality of life for patients and their families. The Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) works to make palliative care more broadly available to patients across the United States by improving the skills and knowledge of clinicians who serve seriously ill patients and their families.
- 04 March 2020 / Applications Οpen for 2020 SNF Bioethics Academy in Athens
Advances in biology and medicine might expand the range of our scientific capabilities, but shed no light on what we should do, how those capabilities should be used.
- 04 March 2020 / From Tunisian Pop to Druze Politics, a Diversity of New Commissions by Mophradat
Mophradat, a Brussels-based nonprofit, seeks to create opportunities for artists from the diverse Arab world to create and share new work.
- 03 March 2020 / Advanced Illustration at iMEdD Draws on Leading Professionals
The incubator for Media Education and Development, iMEdD, will present an advanced editorial illustration workshop by leading industry professionals, award-winning artist, designer, educator at the School of Visual Arts and longtime collaborator of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Viktor Koen and former New York Times Opinion art director Alexandra Zsigmond.
- 26 February 2020 / Parliamentarians for a Day
One hundred young people, ages 22 to 30, will become Members of Parliament for a day as part of the Young Citizens and the Constitution educational program implemented by the Center for European Constitutional Law with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 26 February 2020 / Columbia Global Reports Peer through the Tear Gas to Take Stock of Global Democracy
For Professor Jeffrey Wasserstrom, the “death of Hong Kong as we know it” is only the beginning of the story.