- 11 DECEMBER 2018 / Vamvakou Revitalization: Laying a Foundation for the Revival of a Greek village
The saying goes that it takes a village to raise a young person. But sometimes it takes young people to raise up a village, and this is exactly what’s happening in the Laconian village of Vamvakou.
- 11 DECEMBER 2018 / L’Ovile Cooperativa Di Solidarieta Sociale Honored for Mending Social Fabric with Sewing
This week, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantee L’Ovile Cooperativa Di Solidarieta Sociale was recognized by the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy with a Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- 11 DECEMBER 2018 / Aristotle University Students Complete CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism with the SNF’s Support
From December 1st through 8th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) hosted its fourth CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs of the year, with exclusive support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 11 DECEMBER 2018 / A new Wave of Interns Heads to Vancouver to Reboot the Greek Language
Last week, Simon Frasier University (SFU) welcomed to its Burnaby, B.C. campus a new cohort of interns for the Rebooting the Greek Language project.
- 08 DECEMBER 2018 / Freie Universität Berlin’s Center for Modern Greece hosts Ambassador Jens Plötner
On Friday, December 7th, the Center for Modern Greece (CeMoG) at the Freie Universität Berlin hosted the fifth installment of the CeMoG Lecture. Jens Plötner, German Ambassador to Greece, discussed how Greek-German relations have developed over time.
- 08 DECEMBER 2018 / Event for the Completion of the Educational Program “I Care and Act”
A special event took place on December 8th, for the completion of the “I Care and Act” program that is being implemented in schools across the country, with the aim of cultivating voluntary social contribution and active participation in public life among the wider school community.
- 07 DECEMBER 2018 / Aristotle University Students make the most of Practicum in Modern Journalism
Students from the Journalism and Mass Media Communications School at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki have been making the most of their time at the CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism.
- 06 DECEMBER 2018 / Athens Digital Lab Presents the First Digital Ideas that Aim to Improve Life in Athens
On Wednesday, December 5th, a few days after the launch of the second edition of its competition calling for smart city digital ideas, Athens Digital Lab (ADL) presented the innovative digital solutions, developed and implemented by the teams from the first cycle of the program, which are already underway in Athens.
- 06 DECEMBER 2018 / IAAF President, Lord Sebastian Coe, Visited the SNFCC
On Thursday, December 6th, the President of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), Lord Sebastian Coe, visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).