- 19 JANUARY 2018 / The Philanthropy Poster Project Exhibition at the School of Visual Arts
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York hosts an exhibition titled “Actions Speak Louder than Words” at its Gramercy Gallery, between January 20th and February 10th, 2018. The exhibit, curated by Viktor Koen, consists of selected works by the SVA Master of Fine Arts Illustration as Visual Essay program.
- 19 JANUARY 2018 / Launch of the Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation Center’s Scholarship Program at the University of Thessaly, with the SNF’s support
On Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, the University of Thessaly holds an event to mark the launch of the new Scholarship Program of the Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation Center which was established through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 18 JANUARY 2018 / DIALOGUES: Journalism in a time of Crisis and Crisis in Journalism
The SNF hosted the third event of its new monthly DIALOGUES series, entitled: Journalism in a time of Crisis and Crisis in Journalism. The event was held at the Lighthouse of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 17 JANUARY 2018 / SNF Artist Fellowship Program by ARTWORKS
ARTWORKS, a new organization that aims to provide financial aid to Greek artists, aged 25 to 35, and encourage their professional development, has launches its operation with a founding grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 16 JANUARY 2018 / Inauguration of the new Day Care and Creative Activities Center for People with Disabilities in Piraeus
On January 18th, 2018, the Piraeus Association of Parents, Guardians and Friends of People with Disabilities, will host the inauguration of the new premises of its Day Care and Creative Activities Center (Educational Centre for People with Disabilities in Piraeus-PEK/AmeA) in Piraeus.
- 15 JANUARY 2018 / The Hellenic Federation of the Deaf honors SNF for its contribution to the organization
On Sunday, January 14th, 2018, the Hellenic Federation of the Deaf holds an event during which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored for its support for the implementation of the Sign Language Interpretation Program.
- 15 JANUARY 2018 / The SNF supports the CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism
The week of January 8th, 2018, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, D.C. hosted the first CSIS Practicum in Modern Journalism: Reporting on International Affairs. The program is exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 12 JANUARY 2018 / FC Barcelona Brings Nujeen Mustafá, a Syrian refugee, on a Trip of a Lifetime
In December 2017, FC Barcelona offered an unforgettable weekend to Nujeen Mustafá, a young Syrian refugee. FC Barcelona team driver surprised Nujeen by bringing the club’s bus to her home and driving her to watch a game at its home stadium, Camp Nou, as well as to meet the team’s players.
- 12 JANUARY 2018 / Inaugural Free Thursdays at the Brooklyn Museum with the SNF’s Support
On Thursday, January 11th, 2018, the Brooklyn Museum in New York hosted its inaugural Free Thursday, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. On Thursday nights, from 6pm to 10pm, the Museum will be open to all, providing free access to exhibitions, lectures, workshops, and more. In addition to its current exhibitions, the evening features a salsa party and collection tour, both open to all visitors.