- 12 NOVEMBER 2018 / Columbia’s Institute for Ideas and Imagination now a reality
On Monday, November 12th, Columbia University inaugurated its new Institute for Ideas and Imagination in Paris. Lead support for the Institute was provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), and additional support was provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. The Institute will reside at Reid Hall, part of the University’s Paris Global Center.
- 12 NOVEMBER 2018 / Global Visionaries Honored in Mexico City
From November 13th-15th, the Tällberg Foundation will host a public colloquium in Mexico City to honor the winners of the 2018 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize. The Eliasson Global Leadership Prize is made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 09 NOVEMBER 2018 / Applications for the Second Round of the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” Program Have Opened
With the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) exclusive support, the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” program supports the next generation of Greek farmers by offering them the opportunity to attend free training programs in six different areas of the agricultural sector.
- 09 NOVEMBER 2018 / SNF Representatives Visit Technical Projects at Municipality of Thessaloniki
On Tuesday, November 8th, SNF representatives visited a number of the technical projects being implemented in the Municipality of Thessaloniki as part of the SNF’s € 10 million grant.
- 09 NOVEMBER 2018 / Exploratory Theater Spans four Continents with SNF support
As part of its 2019 season, the Bush Theatre announced BABYLON, an ambitious festival taking place across four continents and over two weeks, from February 4th to 16th. The festival, featuring the world premiere of BABYLON: Beyond Borders, is supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 08 NOVEMBER 2018 / Athens Wins 2018 European Capital of Innovation Award
Athens was named European Capital of Innovation of the year! The results were announced on November 6th, at the Web Summit in Lisbon. The cities competing for the €1 million prize, in addition to Athens, were Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Leuven (Belgium), Umeå (Sweden) and Aarhus (Denmark).
- 08 NOVEMBER 2018 / Super Puma Helicopter, Granted by SNF, Contributed Significantly to this Year’s Fire-fighting Efforts in Greece
At the conclusion of this year’s firefighting period, the Hellenic Fire Department’s Aerial Service reported that the Super Puma helicopter acquired with a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in 2005 was heavily used in combating this year’s fires, completing more than 200 hours of flight.
- 06 NOVEMBER 2018 / Hellenic Army Academy Celebrates its 190th Anniversary since Establishment, with the SNF’s support
On Monday, November 5th, 2018, the Hellenic Army Academy organized an event to celebrate its 190th anniversary.
- 06 NOVEMBER 2018 / Dorrance Dance and 500 Kids at Guggenheim Rotunda Performance
On Thursday, November 1st, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) representatives attended performance by Dorrance Dance at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, the latest installment of the Works & Process Rotunda Projects series.