- 03 December 2020 / An Innovative Collaboration Reimagines and Reactivates Public Space for a New Era, from New York to Athens
The collaboration between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts aims to bring new approaches in cultural engagement to public spaces in COVID era and beyond.
- 03 December 2020 / New Study Abroad Scholarships for Greek High Schoolers
High schoolers from Greece can now apply to study abroad in one of 18 destinations across Europe, Asia, North America, and Central and South America through AFS Intercultural Programs.
- 01 December 2020 / New York Times Launches Journalistic Initiative to Look at Global Challenges Beyond the Daily News Cycle
Headway, a new initiative from The New York Times supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), will give the public free access to new in-depth reporting on the environment, health, infrastructure, the economy, and social issues that looks beyond the daily churn of news.
- 26 November 2020 / Progress Update for the SNF Health Initiative - November 2020
Now more than ever, the CΟVID-19 pandemic has underscored the importance of a strong and well-prepared National Health System for all.
- 26 November 2020 / Digital Townhall Meetings for New Hospitals in Komotini, Thessaloniki and Sparti
State-of-the-art public hospitals, in accordance with international standards, in Komotini, Sparta and Thessaloniki, with topline diagnostic medical equipment, exclusively single and double rooms, designed to be energy-efficient and environmentally friendly, and, above all, open and accessible to all patients.
- 25 November 2020 / Work to Add 174 New ICU and High-Dependency Beds in 15 Hospitals across Greece through an SNF Grant is Fully Underway
The beds will be delivered to Greek hospitals from the end of December 2020 onward, with completion anticipated by February 2021.
- 25 November 2020 / SNF Continues Pandemic Relief Initiative with over $9.8 Million in New Grants
In the latest round of SNF’s $100 million global COVID-19 relief initiative, new grants continue the initiative’s focus on supporting organizations providing essential services to vulnerable populations.
- 25 November 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Power of Dialogue
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the quality of public discourse and the importance of dialogue in an era of intense polarization.
- 25 November 2020 / Tällberg Foundation Announces Winners of 2020 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize
One is an oceanographer who champions conservation efforts. One is a human rights lawyer who uses the law to free political prisoners. And one is an engineer and social entrepreneur using data to improve and save lives.