- 10 January 2020 / Bringing Critical Care to Long Island’s East End
In opening its Corey Critical Care Pavilion and Kanas Regional Heart Center, the Peconic Bay Medical Center (PBMC) offers the quarter million people living on the East End of Long Island ready access to comprehensive cardiac care and other lifesaving services.
- 09 January 2020 / New Collaborations, New Commissions, and New Communications mark a New Era for the Greek National Opera
One year after announcing a €20 million Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grant to support the Greek National Opera’s (GNO) artistic outreach and the promotion of its work abroad, the GNO shared a status update.
- 08 January 2020 / Nothing Around Me Is What It Appears To Be, in the Latest BOMB Oral History
BOMB, a nonprofit-published arts magazine, features artist-to-artist interviews between people practicing a variety of disciplines, from writing, to architecture, to dance.
- 07 January 2020 / The CSIS Schieffer Series Presents “2020 Challenges Ahead”
If there’s one thing the first week of 2020 has proven, it’s that pressing new challenges will continue to unfold, even as long-running ones continue to simmer—from trade tensions, to Brexit, to our climate emergency.
- 01 January 2020 / New Year’s Eve at the SNFCC!
On December 31, the Christmas World of the SNFCC reached the peak of its glory with a New Year’s Eve celebration that in recent years has become an annual rite for thousands of visitors of all ages from Athens and beyond.
- 24 December 2019 / An International Exchange Opportunity for Greek High School Students
AFS Intercultural Programs’ Global Citizen Scholarship Program will give 50 high school students from Greece the opportunity to spend a semester on an international exchange, developing cross-cultural literacy and fluency.
- 24 December 2019 / A Dynamic Start for 2020 at the SNFCC!
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes the new year with a full program of events for visitors of all ages!
- 23 December 2019 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Announces New Fellows and Expansion
Through the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program (GDFP), organized by the Institute of International Education (IIE), scholars working around the world in a diversity of disciplines travel to Greece to collaborate with colleagues at higher education institutions around the country. IIE has announced 38 scholars who will begin new Fellowships in January, as well as expansions to the program, which is exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 23 December 2019 / An Art Museum you Can Visit from the Hospital
The “first virtual museum for hospitalized people” is how Art dans la Cité, the Paris-based organization behind the new Illuminart Museum, describes the project.