- 16 APRIL 2019 / ANNOUNCEMENT
It is with great sadness that the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces the passing of Eleni Merkati Dracopoulos.
- 16 APRIL 2019 / An interactive New Park Teaches Kids Road Safety
The road to traffic safety is long, but working towards achieving this goal can start as early as elementary school. With this in mind, the Elementary School of Olynthos, in Chalkidiki, created the first interactive road safety park of its kind in Greece, located at the courtyard of the school. The park was officially opened on Friday, April 12, welcoming its first visitors (both those with and without a driver’s license).
- 16 APRIL 2019 / Harlem Stage Honors SNF with 2019 Philanthropy Award
Harlem Stage announced that it would honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) with its 2019 Philanthropy Award.
- 16 APRIL 2019 / “Reflections on Central Bank Independence” at the Peterson Institute SNF Lecture
The 19th annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute for International Economics took place on April 15, 2019, featuring governor of the South African Reserve Bank and chair of the International Monetary and Financial Committee Lesetja Kganyago.
- 16 APRIL 2019 / SNF Agora Institute Launches Democracy Dialogues Series with JHU President Ron Daniels
On Thursday, April 18, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University will host the first in its new series of Democracy Dialogues with University President Ron Daniels.
- 12 APRIL 2019 / The SNF is Presented with an Award During the Prix Gallien Greece Event for its Contribution to the Public Health Sector
Friday is usually already a great day, but for us at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), this Friday is particularly special.
- 11 APRIL 2019 / The Athens Commercial Triangle Celebrates its New Square
A new square has been created within the Athens Commercial Triangle, at the intersection of Aiolou, Vissis, Chrisospiliotissis and Nikiou Streets.
- 11 APRIL 2019 / World Leaders Forum with the Tällberg Foundation at Columbia University
What kind of leadership is required to meet the challenges of today and foresee the challenges of tomorrow? The Tällberg Foundation’s 2018 Eliasson Prize and Columbia’s Committee on Global Thought met for a discussion that incorporated global perspectives.
- 11 APRIL 2019 / A Book on the Work of Civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos, now Available in Digital Format
Civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973) was in charge of the planning and design of a vast number of private and public construction projects in Athens. His rich work is captured in thousands of documents, photographs, and construction plans preserved by collector Giannis Lambrou and then delivered to MONUMENTA for study, documentation, and finally publication.