- 20 August 2019 / A Νew International Exchange Opportunity for Greek Students
Education is one of the four primary pillars of SNF’s grant-making activity, of which a particular focus is promoting international collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and exchange of ideas.
- 20 August 2019 / UMass Amherst Students Hone Skills at CSIS Journalism Bootcamp
Students from University of Massachusetts Amherst have embarked on an intensive journey into the world of international affairs journalism, with the experts at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) as their guides.
- 13 August 2019 / Culture Pass Gives 70,000 New Yorkers Free Access to Cultural Organizations in its First Year
The New York City Culture Pass—a collaborative effort between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Revson Foundation, and New York City’s three library systems—provides city residents with a library card free access to more than 50 cultural institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Museum of Modern Art.
- 12 August 2019 / Summer Camp Fun for Kids, with a Serious Mission
All children have a right to play—to express themselves, explore the world, and, most importantly to just have fun.
- 12 August 2019 / Sunitha Krishnan, Fighter of Sex Trafficking in India, Profiled in Forbes
Sunitha Krishnan, who fights sex trafficking of women and children in India as the head of the non-profit organization Prajwala, has been profiled for her work in Forbes.
- 07 August 2019 / Increasing Educational Opportunity in Nice
“Give to each the opportunity they deserve” is the motto of Institut Louis Germain, a mission they work to fulfill by offering intensive educational programs to students from underserved backgrounds. Following its success in other French cities, the program is expanding into Nice.
- 06 August 2019 / 10 Years of “Routes in Marpissa”
Marpissa is one of Paros’s most beautiful villages, built amphitheatrically at the top of a small hill. It is a traditional Cycladic settlement that has retained its original island character unchanged.
- 05 August 2019 / Opening of Temporary Exhibition at the Lyceum of Greek Women of Lemnos
“A new exhibition is opening in Lemnos, for all local residents and visitors to the island who wish to get acquainted with the rich history of Greek traditional costumes.” Lyceum of Greek Women of Lemnos
- 01 August 2019 / Construction of New High School Building Begins at the Arsakeia Schools in Ioannina
The 2020-21 school year will be different, in many ways, for the high school students of the Arsakeia Schools in Ioannina.