- For the past seven years, the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) have traveled with a team of doctors and nurses to every corner of Greece, offering free medical services to residents of remote islands and regions.
03 DECEMBER 2020An Innovative Collaboration Reimagines and Reactivates Public Space for a New Era, from New York to AthensThe collaboration between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts aims to bring new approaches in cultural engagement to public spaces in COVID era and beyond.
- High schoolers from Greece can now apply to study abroad in one of 18 destinations across Europe, Asia, North America, and Central and South America through AFS Intercultural Programs.
01 DECEMBER 2020New York Times Launches Journalistic Initiative to Look at Global Challenges Beyond the Daily News CycleHeadway, a new initiative from The New York Times supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), will give the public free access to new in-depth reporting on the environment, health, infrastructure, the economy, and social issues that looks beyond the daily churn of news.
- Now more than ever, the CΟVID-19 pandemic has underscored the importance of a strong and well-prepared National Health System for all.
- State-of-the-art public hospitals, in accordance with international standards, in Komotini, Sparta and Thessaloniki, with topline diagnostic medical equipment, exclusively single and double rooms, designed to be energy-efficient and environmentally friendly, and, above all, open and accessible to all patients.
25 NOVEMBER 2020Work to Add 174 New ICU and High-Dependency Beds in 15 Hospitals across Greece through an SNF Grant is Fully UnderwayThe beds will be delivered to Greek hospitals from the end of December 2020 onward, with completion anticipated by February 2021.
- In the latest round of SNF’s $100 million global COVID-19 relief initiative, new grants continue the initiative’s focus on supporting organizations providing essential services to vulnerable populations.
- The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the quality of public discourse and the importance of dialogue in an era of intense polarization.