- 22 November 2019 / 15th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF Heath Initiative
On Thursday, November 21st, 2019, the 15th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 21 November 2019 / SNF RUN: 2020 FIRST RUN
This New Year’s Day marks the start not only of a new year, but of a new decade too, and this calls for a celebration you’ll remember for decades to come.
- 21 November 2019 / Day of Celebration for 6th Elementary School of Alexandria in Imathia
Today was a day of celebration for teachers and students at the 6th Elementary School of Alexandria in Imathia. The occasion? New children's literature and fairy tale books filled their library shelves, new maps and projection screens hang on classroom walls, students have access to a new computer lab, and new basketballs, soccer balls, and volleyballs await them in the schoolyard.
- 21 November 2019 / University of Piraeus Awards Honorary Doctorate to the Honorable Metropolitan of Monemvassia and Sparta
On Friday, November 22, in a ceremony held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the Honorable Metropolitan of Monemvassia and Sparta, Metropolitan Efstathios, will be awarded an honorary doctorate by the Department of Informatics of the School of Information and Communication Technologies of the University of Piraeus.
- 20 November 2019 / Renovations and Fellowships at Hellenic Army Academy
Five newly renovated dormitories were inaugurated at the Hellenic Army Academy on Wednesday, November 20. The renovation was made possible through a $2 million grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). In addition to the renovations, the grant also includes fellowships for Greek officers for postgraduate studies abroad, in collaboration with the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and the Naval Postgraduate School.
- 20 November 2019 / Child Mind Institute Holds 2019 Child Advocacy Award Dinner
On Tuesday, November 19, the Child Mind Institute (CMI) held its 2019 Child Advocacy Award Dinner.
- 20 November 2019 / SNF-DR River Campus Αrchitects Awarded for Design
Rafael Viñoly Architects have been recognized with a 2019 Society of American Registered Architects National Design Merit Award for their design of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation – David Rockefeller River Campus.
- 19 November 2019 / From merman to memento mori: London’s Science Museum inaugurates medicine galleries
If you want to see a mechanical calculator designed in the mid-19th century to work on polynomial equations and exactly one half of the brain that designed it, there’s only one place to go: London’s Science Museum.
- 19 November 2019 / 24 Hour Plays Broadway Gala benefits Lymphatic Education & Research Network
Six original plays, all written and rehearsed within 24 hours, took Broadway by storm on Monday—for a good cause.