- 18 October 2019 / It’s a Social Venture! It’s Promoting Inclusion for Lisboetas! It’s a Restaurant!
There’s no other restaurant in Lisbon quite like É Um Restaurante, whose name translates to “It’s a Restaurant.”
- 18 October 2019 / Not Extinct in New York: Appreciation of the Great Outdoors
If you ask a New Yorker to recommend the city’s best assets, chances are good they’ll mention a park.
- 18 October 2019 / Opportunities for Employment Inclusion, Courtesy of Louis XIV
Marseilles-based nonprofit Acta Vista is working toward a brighter future for those excluded from employment.
- 18 October 2019 / The Drum Major Instinct and other Theater of War Projects Spark Discussion this Fall
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s powerful final sermon becomes a starting point for community discussion in Theater of War Productions’ The Drum Major Instinct project. It’s one of several projects from Theater of War’s innovative roster being performed in New York City this fall.
- 17 October 2019 / “No Finish Line,” both an Event and a Philosophy for Child Welfare
“No Finish Line” is the name Children & Future gives its weeklong fundraising event for children in need, in which participants cover as much ground as they can on a circular track.
- 16 October 2019 / Another Distinction for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
More than two years after its completion and delivery to the Greek people, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) continues to garner international distinctions for the quality of its design and construction.
- 16 October 2019 / SNF Paideia Program at UPenn Sponsors First Event, Focusing on Environmental Citizenship
Efforts to tackle climate change, and how successful they ultimately are, are inextricably linked to the functioning of our democracies.
- 16 October 2019 / El Greco in Paris: Cretan-Born, Italian-Trained Artist who Worked in Spain Comes to France
Born in Crete, steeped in the post-Byzantine tradition, trained in Italy, and ultimately flourishing in Spain, El Greco embodies the intercultural movement and exchange that have long characterized Greek history.
- 15 October 2019 / First Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award Winner Announced
Dar Yasin, an Associated Press photojournalist from Kashmir, was awarded the Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award for his work Kashmir: Endless War.