- 04 October 2019 / The CSIS Schieffer Series Presents “Confronting the Challenges of Trade in a New Century”
For half a century, an international system of trade underpinned by United States policy brought stability to global commerce and prosperity to some. That status quo is increasingly destabilized by developments in the U.S. and abroad, including increasing inequality, technological shifts, and geopolitical developments. What comes next?
- 03 October 2019 / “Newsroom Essentials” from the Columbia School of Journalism to iMEdD
On Thursday, October 3, the new thematic cycle of iMEdD's Ideas Zone program, entitled "Newsroom Essentials" was launched.
- 03 October 2019 / A Mythological Celtic king, Cynthia Nixon, and the Public Discourse on Aging
It may have premiered on St. Stephen’s Day in 1606, but it’s still inspiring timely conversations in Midtown Manhattan.
- 02 October 2019 / The First Year of “New Agriculture for a New Generation”
“New Agriculture for a New Generation.” The title alone draws a clear picture of the vision behind this program, which has already borne fruit (specifically, fig- and strawberry-flavored fruit) during the first year of its implementation.
- 02 October 2019 / Memories of the Occupation in Greece Oral Histories Coming to Greek and German schools
“Memories of the Occupation in Greece,” completed in 2018, is a digital archive encompassing 93 oral histories from survivors of the German occupation of Greece.
- 02 October 2019 / Sweet Land of Liberty… Βut Why?
Is political liberty a default setting or a hard-won construct? As basic assumptions about democracy face challenge around the world, the essential premises underpinning it deserve examination.
- 01 October 2019 / SNF Grant Request Process to Reopen October 1
After pausing the submission of grant requests to evaluate our internal processes, SNF will begin accepting new grant requests on October 1, 2019.
- 01 October 2019 / You Say “Soccer,” I Say “Football,” We Both Say “Fun”
Whatever you call it, the Beautiful Game has an almost uncanny power to bring people together.
- 30 September 2019 / SNFCC Volunteering Program – Open Call!
Would you like to live the experience of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and find out of the operations of one of the biggest cultural organizations in Greece?