- 20 January 2020 / Open Event on the Health Initiative
Healthcare is more than treatment and cure. It is dignity, respect, and hope for those in need. This is our belief at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 15 January 2020 / European Communication Institute Awards Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) offers our warmest congratulations to Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou, who has been honored by the European Communication Institute for the work of the nonprofit organization iMEdD (the incubator for Media Education and Development), whose mission is to support sound, independent journalism through the use of new technologies, as well as her work for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in relation to the SNF’s efforts to support good journalism.
- 15 January 2020 / SNF Agora event: From Russia with Bots
How the Future First Began in Russia, the latest event from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University, seems to portend with its title the dawn of a rosy new era. But like so many things on the internet, it’s not what it first seems.
- 10 January 2020 / Bringing Critical Care to Long Island’s East End
In opening its Corey Critical Care Pavilion and Kanas Regional Heart Center, the Peconic Bay Medical Center (PBMC) offers the quarter million people living on the East End of Long Island ready access to comprehensive cardiac care and other lifesaving services.
- 09 January 2020 / New Collaborations, New Commissions, and New Communications mark a New Era for the Greek National Opera
One year after announcing a €20 million Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grant to support the Greek National Opera’s (GNO) artistic outreach and the promotion of its work abroad, the GNO shared a status update.
- 08 January 2020 / Nothing Around Me Is What It Appears To Be, in the Latest BOMB Oral History
BOMB, a nonprofit-published arts magazine, features artist-to-artist interviews between people practicing a variety of disciplines, from writing, to architecture, to dance.
- 07 January 2020 / The CSIS Schieffer Series Presents “2020 Challenges Ahead”
If there’s one thing the first week of 2020 has proven, it’s that pressing new challenges will continue to unfold, even as long-running ones continue to simmer—from trade tensions, to Brexit, to our climate emergency.
- 01 January 2020 / New Year’s Eve at the SNFCC!
On December 31, the Christmas World of the SNFCC reached the peak of its glory with a New Year’s Eve celebration that in recent years has become an annual rite for thousands of visitors of all ages from Athens and beyond.
- 24 December 2019 / An International Exchange Opportunity for Greek High School Students
AFS Intercultural Programs’ Global Citizen Scholarship Program will give 50 high school students from Greece the opportunity to spend a semester on an international exchange, developing cross-cultural literacy and fluency.