- 28 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Attends the 2018 Special Olympics Global Youth Leadership Forum in Baku, Azerbaijan
From September 24th to September 28th, 2018, the Special Olympics Global Youth Leadership Forum, one of the flagship events during the year-long 50th anniversary celebration of Special Olympics, took place in Baku, Azerbaijan, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), among others.
- 28 SEPTEMBER 2018 / DIALOGUES: Beginnings
On Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) hosted people who have attempted a new beginning, either at a professional or personal level, and shared their own experience with the audience. They discussed the mixed feelings that come along with this, and how uncertainty and fear of the unknown turn into a new beginning, which can bring us even closer to personal fulfillment and happiness.
- 28 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Celebration of the Canellos Professorship at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Supported by the SNF
On Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School hosted an event to celebrate the inaugural incumbent of the Professorship in honor of Dr. George Canellos.
- 28 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Award Ceremony by CTY Greece
On September 29th and 30th, 2018, the Center for Talented Youth – Greece (CTY Greece), will hold an award ceremony in Athens and in Thessaloniki, respectively.
- 27 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Ratification of the Grant Contract for the Implementation of the SNF’s Health Initiative
The Grant Contract between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek State for the implementation of infrastructure, education and equipment-related projects, which are part of the SNF’s large-scale grant Initiative to support the Health Sector in Greece, was ratified under law by the Greek Parliament on Thursday, September 20th, 2018.
- 27 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The National Herald Publishes an Obituary for the Passing of Our Colleague, Kathryn Louloudis
On September 25th, 2018, The National Herald published an obituary for the passing of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, dedicated to her long career and impressive achievements, as well as her character and integrity. Kathryn Louloudis acted as the Chief Operating Officer of the SNF’s New York Office.
- 26 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Interview of the SNFCC’s Landscape Architect, Helli Pangalou, in Kathimerini
In an interview with the Greek newspaper “Kathimerini”, landscape architect, Helli Pangalou, talked about the design of the Stavros Niarchos Park and its unique biodiversity, her collaboration with Renzo Piano during the creation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), as well as about the Park’s recent distinction at the European Garden Awards 2018/2019.
- 26 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNFCC Welcomes Jeffrey Eugenides as part of the Athens 2018 World Book Capital events, Supported by SNF
On Thursday, September 27th, 2018, at 20:00 (ΕΕΤ), Greek-American Pulitzer laureate, Jeffrey Eugenides, will participate in an open discussion with author, Kallia Papadaki, and journalist and book critic, Mikela Chartoulari, which will take place at the Greek National Opera’s Alternative Stage, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Inauguration of the Frissiras Museum’s Exhibition “New Horizons of European Painting III: The Action of the Senses”
On Wednesday, September 25th, 2018, the Frissiras Museum will inaugurate its new exhibition, the third and final installment of a trilogy of exhibits, entitled “New Horizons of European Painting”.