- 19 MAY 2019 / Solidarity vs Social Exclusion: 1 – 0
A very important football game, along with many other athletic activities, took place on Sunday, May 19, in Kallithea. This game had only winners, no losers, more than 250 children and teenagers from refugee hosting centers in Skaramagas and Eleonas, as well as students of elementary schools in Athens, participated.
- 17 MAY 2019 / The Mobile Medical Units Continue to Travel Across Evia
Lately, the Mobile Medical Units (MMU) have a very busy schedule. Just three days after coming back from the island of Amorgos, the Units together with all the doctors, nurses and technical staff headed for North Evia, with Mantoudi as their final destination.
- 17 MAY 2019 / Susan Gutfreund Ηonored at Orpheus Chamber Orchestra Gala
On Wednesday, May 15, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra held its annual gala in New York City.
- 17 MAY 2019 / Applications Οpen for Summer 2019 Stavros Niarchos Foundation Bioethics Academy
Advances in biology and medicine might expand the range of our scientific capabilities, but shed no light on what we should do, how those capabilities should be used.
- 17 MAY 2019 / From Kozani to the SNFCC
How far is 470 kilometers? Not too far to travel for a new educational experience.
- 17 MAY 2019 / Presentation of Study Findings on Palliative Care in Greece
It is estimated that in Greece, approximately 62,000 patients annually suffering from malignant and cardiovascular diseases, nephropathies, and dozens of other complicated and serious illnesses require daily care services, but the structures and programs currently in operation are not able to serve their needs.
- 16 MAY 2019 / 9th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF Heath Initiative
On Wednesday, May 15th, 2019, the ninth Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 16 MAY 2019 / DIALOGUES: From Africa
Greece’s African communities were the starting point of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) May DIALOGUES event.
- 14 MAY 2019 / Finds from the Victory Monument of Octavian Augustus in Ancient Nicopolis Draw International Interest
Finds from the excavations of Octavian’s Victory Monument in Nicopolis have attracted the interest of the British online newspaper The Independent.