- 29 January 2020 / Lanthimos Goes to the Opera
Internationally acclaimed Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos has begun work on a new short film production in Greece, a joint commission by the Greek National Opera (GNO) and the non-profit NEON.
- 29 January 2020 / Art Made Under the Volcano Comes to Brooklyn
New York crowds with fascinating museums: the Met, MoMA, and now the Transient Museum of a Thousand Conversations.
- 27 January 2020 / Grant Contracts Supporting Greek Nursing Sector and Educational Programs Ratified by Law
On January 27th, 2020, four separate grant contracts between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek State representing components of SNF’s Health Initiative were ratified by the Greek Parliament.
- 27 January 2020 / From Hunter to Hellas, a hands-on learning experience
The 15,000 undergraduate students at Hunter College, part of the City University of New York, hail from approximately 150 countries, a majority work to support themselves during their studies, and many are the first in their families to attend college. Through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Hunter College Honors students who are majoring in Classics have the opportunity to study in Greece. The ten students who formed the second cohort to take part with SNF support recently returned to New York.
- 27 January 2020 / Academy Will Help Young Greeks Put Food on the Table… for the Rest of Us
Food producers in Greece are looking for employees; young Greeks need jobs. The ReGeneration Academy for Food Innovation, an intensive 75-hour program co-organized by New Agriculture for a New Generation and ReGeneration, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), offers people 29 and younger who are interested in the food industry an entry point.
- 24 January 2020 / The SNF Honored with the International Olympic Committee Trophy 2019
During an event by the Hellenic Olympic Committee (HOC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored with the International Olympic Committee Trophy 2019.
- 23 January 2020 / French Institute to Hold Night of Ideas in Greece
On January 30, 2020, the French Institute of Greece will hold a Night of Ideas, an annual event organized simultaneously in 89 countries that celebrates the flow of ideas between countries, cultures, disciplines, and generations.
- 22 January 2020 / Stellar Live Theater, Free On-Demand for UK State Schools
Live theater’s greatest assets as an experience—its intimacy, the fact that each performance represents a singular instance that won’t be repeated—also make it difficult to access as an education resource. A relatively new project from London’s National Theatre that makes high-quality recordings of world-class theater performances available on-demand to educators is now available free of charge for state schools around the United Kingdom.
- 22 January 2020 / The First Talkie Produced in Greece, a Lost Classic Found again
The first Greek film with sound and speech, considered lost for many decades, was found in the Cinémathèque Française archives. It now returns to the big screen at Stavros Niarchos Hall with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), through a collaboration between the Greek Film Archive Foundation and the Greek National Opera (GNO).