- 14 May 2020 / DIALOGUES Webcast: The Challenge to the Economy
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the impacts of COVID-19 on the global economy and what comes next. SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos spoke about the responsibility of foundations and the role of younger generations.
- 13 May 2020 / “A Courageous Space” for Discussion in Penn’s SNF Paideia Program
A new course offered at the University of Pennsylvania as part of the SNF Paideia Program is opening a space for conversations that might seem unimaginable elsewhere in 2020.
- 13 May 2020 / SNFCC Makes it to the Front Page of Kappa Magazine in View of a Live Concert
It’s the size of a football field, weighs as much as 160 buses, and generates energy—both electrical and artistic.
- 11 May 2020 / EXIT: SPRING, the Greek National Opera's first Online Festival
For now, we are unable to visit the Greek National Opera (GNO). We can, however, still enjoy some of the magic that experience when we attend a performance in person.
- 08 May 2020 / Congratulations to Vassilis Kekatos for his film “As You Sleep the World Empties” and to the Onassis Foundation for the ENTER project
The unprecedented times we’ve been living through in recent months have brought us all closer together—every country, every organization, every individual. Each effort made to alleviate the effects of the pandemic is significant and should be appreciated.
- 30 April 2020 / SNF Distributes $31 million First Round of Grants to Reach Areas Hardest Hit by COVID-19
Responding to the severe and unprecedented challenges posed around the globe by COVID-19, a $100 million global initiative by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) aims to help address the impacts of the pandemic.
- 30 April 2020 / A Journalistic Chronicle by iMEdD, Dedicated to all Those who Remain “Present”
They clean the streets, they perform surgeries, they distribute food, the collect the garbage, they provide medicine, they regulate traffic, they report on the news.
- 30 April 2020 / Barça Foundation and SNF Join Forces to Support the Most Vulnerable in the Fight Against Covid-19
Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of its newly launched $100 million global relief initiative against COVID-19, is joining forces with Barca Foundation. Thanks to this support, the Barça Foundation will be convening coordinated emergency response and relief projects in Catalonia in collaboration with the Red Cross and the Government of Catalonia’s Ministry of Education.
- 30 April 2020 / Johns Hopkins to Expand Pandemic Data Tracking with Support from SNF
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Johns Hopkins University has served as a trusted source for timely, accurate data on the spread of the virus, available in a readily comprehensible form. Now, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Hopkins is expanding their COVID-19 resources with new testing information and analysis.