- 03 July 2020 / Sports Paths Returns to Remote Islands to Help Kids Stay Active
More than 1,300 children living on 13 remote islands, including Agios Efstratios, Samothraki and Psara, are eagerly looking forward to welcoming back Sports Paths and the program’s swimming lessons, sports, creative activities, and wonderful instructors.
- 02 July 2020 / Greek Ministry of Health Event Recognizes SNF’s Global COVID-19 Relief Initiative
A special event hosted by the Greek Ministry of Health recognized the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) contribution to strengthening the preparedness of the Greek National Health System to respond to challenges like COVID-19.
- 02 July 2020 / Columbia Announces Summer Grants in Public Humanities for Students
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) has announced the recipients of its summer grants in public humanities.
- 01 July 2020 / The SNFestival RetroFuture Edition came to an end, the events remain on demand!
People from more than 60 countries came together to enjoy 8 days and 30 online events at the Summer Nostos Festival: RetroFuture Edition
- 01 July 2020 / Exploring Injustice through the Book of Job
Theater of War Productions, known for bringing together provocative texts, talented actors, and participants with “skin in the game” to delve into urgent and difficult issues, is presenting The Job Project on Wednesday, July 1 through an online performance open to the public.
- 28 June 2020 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos in Kathimerini
The SNF co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos gave an interview to the Greek newspaper Kathimerini, speaking, among others, about the future of Greece, the lessons that the world community can learn from the crisis of Covid 19 and the notion of philanthropy at large.
- 26 June 2020 / 19th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF Heath Initiative
On Thursday, June 25th, 2020, the 19th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place online between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 23 June 2020 / Greek Prime Minister Highlights Diaspora Language Tools
The StaEllenika initiative, which offers Greek language learning pathways to young people around the globe, was the focus of an online event held today with Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
- 23 June 2020 / A $7.5 Million “Thank You” to More Than 4,600 Greek ICU Staff
Greece is gradually inching back toward normalcy, cautiously planning for the future. For most, the past few months have proved challenging, but for some, daily conditions have been extremely demanding.