- 01 January 2021 / We Welcome the New Year together with the SNFCC Christmas World!
The joy and magic of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Christmas World, brought to life through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was here once again throughout December.
- 29 December 2020 / Seeing the Pandemic from the Perspective of Doctors Without Borders and the Patients They Care for in Greece and 70 Οther Countries
“I know the entire planet is experiencing the same situation, but the difference for us refugees is that our living conditions, combined with restrictions on movement and the threat of the virus, are doubly stressful. In the camp, five or six of us live in the same container. I know that I cannot stop people from visiting my roommates and I have no choice but to signal that they should keep their distance from me. But that’s all I can do. There is no other alternative. That is the only space where we can live,” says Frederick, a patient of Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières – MSF).
- 28 December 2020 / In Memory of Our Colleague Frank Pepe
It is with great sadness that we bid farewell to a dear friend and colleague of many years, Frank Pepe. Frank’s kindness, his dedication, and his ability to approach any challenge with determination and good nature will be dearly missed.
- 17 December 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Psychological Effects of a Year Living with COVID-19
SNF DIALOGUES closed 2020 with a discussion on mental health during the pandemic
- 17 December 2020 / SNF Support Brings Haute Cuisine to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) through a Collaboration with Dipnosofistirion
A fine-dining restaurant, featuring contemporary Greek cuisine, is coming to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens in June 2021. With a focus on sustainability and culinary excellence, the SNFCC and Dipnosofistirion catering, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), are creating a gastronomic destination that fits the values and character of the SNFCC.
- 17 December 2020 / See the Journalism Projects Created through Cycle two of iMEdD’s incubator
The 15 participants in this year’s iMEdD incubator program are ready to share the projects they have developed over the past year, aided by strategic guidance, expertise, and tools from the iMEdD team.
- 15 December 2020 / 2021 SNF Nostos || June 23 -27
SNF Nostos is about returning to what makes us happy—to familiar places, the things we like to do, and people whose company we enjoy.
- 15 December 2020 / The Christmas World and a New Year’s Eve Celebration at the SNFCC!
December is here, and along with it the joy and magic of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Christmas World, brought to life through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). The festivities kicked off with a celebration on December 1, brightening the night with thousands of festive lights, and will continue throughout December.
- 15 December 2020 / Sowing the Seeds of a Better Future for Bean Producers in Prespes
Every year, in early fall, before the beans ripen and their pods turn a pale yellow, growers in Prespes begin harvesting them. The bean-growing season was quite different there this year, not only because the weather delayed completion of the harvest until November, but even more because of innovations in the growing process.