- 06 October 2020 / Innovative Greek Language Learning Tools from the Staellinika Initiative
Staellinika, an initiative for young Greek language learners by Simon Fraser University (SFU) and the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has launched in full.
- 06 October 2020 / Kids Ride Greek Mountain Roads with Special Wheelchairs
Through nonprofit Hope Runners, kids living with disabilities use specially designed wheelchairs to clock miles of racing on Greece’s roads and through its mountains.
- 06 October 2020 / A new visualization from iMEdD Lab tracks school closures in Greece
The iMEdD Lab created and maintains an interactive application that tracks rates of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Greece and around the globe. Now it’s launching a new visualization to capture schools in Greece that have shut down due to COVID-19.
- 05 October 2020 / Unhappy Monuments, an Outdoor Exhibition by ARTWORKS
Parks in are once again flooded with small groups of friends, squares are filled with the sounds of children playing, and sidewalks are bustling. During a time in which public space in cities has gained new importance, the ARTWORKS exhibition “Unhappy Monuments” is taking up residence in Eleftherias Park in Athens.
- 01 October 2020 / Project Getting Street Vendors Back to Work Feeding Hungry New Yorkers Draws Media Coverage
A “huge lifeline” is how one vendor described a program to put street food vendors to work feeding people in need of meals in a recent interview. That program, organized by the Street Vendor Project (SVP) and supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), has drawn media attention in New York.
- 01 October 2020 / Tällberg Foundation Announces 2020 Eliasson Global Leadership Prize Finalists
They’re a human rights lawyer, an oceanographer, a multidisciplinary artist, a veterinarian, a health innovator, an engineer, and a free speech advocate.
- 01 October 2020 / A Nutty Month in Vamvakou and a Οne-Υear Αnniversary for the V.Lab
Village life is proverbially slow. This doesn’t hold true for the Greek village of Vamvakou, where there’s something new on offer every day, even for visitors who have been before.
- 01 October 2020 / On these Greek Islands, Swordplay is Child’s Play this Winter
On the Greek islands of Agios Efstratios, Kasos and Tilos, children stand facing each other, each armed with a sword.
- 29 September 2020 / The Socialist Awakening, a Νew Βook from Columbia Global Reports
Confronted with entrenched and growing income inequality, deadly racial disparities, and political and economic systems that seem incapable of delivering fundamental solutions, people in the United States and elsewhere are turning with renewed interest to a very old idea: socialism.