- 09 December 2019 / A Half-Millennium On, Da Vinci’s Curiosity Lives On in new Milan Galleries
His oceanic curiosity invites us to renew our own, to see our world with freshly inquisitive eyes and let our minds roam untrammeled.
- 09 December 2019 / Madison Square Boys and Girls Club Ηolds 2019 Christmas Tree Ball
On Friday, December 6, Madison Square Boys and Girls hosted its 53rd annual Christmas Tree Ball in New York City.
- 06 December 2019 / SNF visits CSIS Journalism Bootcamp
On Monday, students from Panteion University in Athens dove into an immersive week of workshops with policy experts and multimedia producers at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, D.C.
- 06 December 2019 / Athens Photo World Discusses Contemporary Photojournalism at iMEdD
On December 7 and 8, a workshop on “Contemporary Photojournalism” will take place at iMEdD, the incubator for Media Education and Development, in collaboration with Athens Photo World (APW).
- 05 December 2019 / Town Hall Discussions in Sparta, Thessaloniki, and Komotini on New SNF Hospitals
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in collaboration with the Municipalities of Sparta, Pylaia-Chortiatis, and Komotini, organized three open discussions on the creation of three new hospitals. The new SNF General Hospital of Sparta, the SNF University Pediatric Hospital of Thessaloniki, and the new SNF General Hospital of Komotini will be designed, constructed, and fully outfitted through grants from SNF.
- 05 December 2019 / Theater of War Premiers Suppliants Project Amidst a Busy Winter Schedule
“What sense of proportion would you now teach me?” asks a member of the chorus near the end of Aeschylus’ Suppliants, as translated by Herbert Weir Smyth.
- 04 December 2019 / Helping Center on Addiction Analyze Trends and Improve Care
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that nearly 130 Americans die each day from an opioid-related overdose. There’s general consensus that a new approach is needed to prevent and treat addiction, and Center on Addiction is dedicated to transforming how the nation addresses addiction.
- 04 December 2019 / Memorial Quilts Μark World AIDS Day in Monaco
Each year, as World AIDS Day is observed on December 1, Fight AIDS Monaco marks the solemn occasion with quilts.
- 04 December 2019 / The SNFCC Christmas World comes to life in December!
Once again this year, everyone and everything at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC)—from the people, to the trees, to the fountains—is putting on their most dazzling festive attire. All are invited to come enjoy the magical world they create!