- 26 JULY 2018 / Message from the SNF on the catastrophic fires afflicting the people of Greece
It is with great sadness, that all of us have witnessed the tragic reality of the devastation caused by the catastrophic fires in Greece. The loss, the tragic loss, of so many lives is too difficult to comprehend.
- 20 JULY 2018 / The SNF Αttends Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration
On July 17th, 2018, the Special Olympics 50th Anniversary Celebration kicked off in Chicago, the birthplace of the first International Special Olympics Summer Games, featuring a series of events that brought together Special Olympics athletes, volunteers, supporters and friends of the global movement from around the world to celebrate the “Inclusion Revolution”, Special Olympics’ mission to create inclusive communities.
- 20 JULY 2018 / The SNF Supports the Center for an Urban Future’s Policy Symposium on Revitalizing NYC’s Aging Infrastructure
Following the recent publication of its report on New York City parks, titled “A New Leaf: Revitalizing New York City’s Aging Parks Infrastructure”, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018, the Center for an Urban Future holds a policy symposium.
- 20 JULY 2018 / Inauguration of the Renovated Sports Facilities at a Summer Camp for Children in Crete
On Monday, July 23rd, 2018, the Holy Metropolis of Kydonia and Apokoronou holds the inauguration of the renovated sports facilities of the Saint Paul summer camp in Crete. The renovation was made possible with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 20 JULY 2018 / Press Conference on the Official Opening of the two Tourist Information Centers in the City of Thessaloniki
On Thursday, July 19th, 2018, a Press Conference was held in Thessaloniki for the presentation of the operation of two Tourist Information Centers (TIC) located in the center of the city, one in Aristotelous Square and one in the area of the Royal Theater.
- 20 JULY 2018 / August 2018 at the SNFCC
For the last official month of summer, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has an exciting program of events in store for its visitors, which includes, among others, music nights with jazz melodies, outdoor film screenings and sports activities for all, as well as a party under the moonlight.
- 19 JULY 2018 / The SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, Τalks to ERT.gr
In an interview with the website of the Greek Public Television, ERT, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, discussed, among others, the vision that inspired and continues to inspire SNF’s philanthropic activity around the world as well as the state of the Greek economy and the social impact of the crisis.
- 19 JULY 2018 / The SNF Supports the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Greece
In June 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved a grant application by the National Museum of Contemporary Art, in Athens, Greece. The SNF contribution amounts to more than $3 million (~$3,624,502).The grant aims to support the Museum in fulfilling all the necessary steps that will lead to its completion and full operation, and enable it to stay open to the public on a permanent basis.
- 18 JULY 2018 / Girl Scout Troop 6000 Announces a Successful First Year
On Thursday, July 12th, 2018, the New York City Mayor’s Fund and the Department of Homeless Services held a girl-led press conference on the steps of City Hall in New York to announce a successful first year, in addition to an expansion of, Girl Scout Troop 6000. Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City, spoke at the event, thanking Troop 6000’s many supporters, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).