- 05 FEBRUARY 2019 / iMEdD Begins Work Promoting Journalistic Excellence
At the beginning of February, the new non-profit organization iMedD (incubator for Media Education and Development) announced the start of its operations, through an exclusive grant of Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Based in Athens, iMedD’s mission is to promote transparency, accuracy, independence, meritocracy, and excellence in journalism.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / Strengthening Greece’s Arsenal in the Battle against Cancer
For Katie Theodorou, it’s cooking magazines. “I find that a waiting room with cooking magazines can be comforting.”
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / The 2nd SNF Artist Fellowship Program by ARTWORKS
ARTWORKS was created in 2017 to provide fertile ground for Greek artists. Its main activity is the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Artist Fellowship Program. Through this program, ARTWORKS awards monetary prizes to artists, encouraging their professional development and progress.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / The Night of Philosophy and Ideas, in Brooklyn
Complimentary coffee all night at Brooklyn Central Library can mean only one thing: it’s time for the Night of Philosophy and Ideas.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / An “Ambitious” Exhibit of Picasso’s Early Work at Fondation Beyeler in Switzerland
On Sunday, February 3rd, Fondation Beyeler opened an exhibit on Picasso’s Blue and Rose Periods at its museum near Basel, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / Theater of War’s Antigone in Ferguson to Feature in NYC-ARTS Broadcast
On Sunday, February 3rd, Antigone in Ferguson, an original production by Theater of War at Harlem Stage exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), was featured in an episode of the television program NYC-ARTS.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / New Research on Lung Cancer in Memory of a Dear Colleague
In memory of our dear colleague Kathryn Louloudis, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) will support two new research initiatives through the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF).
- 01 FEBRUARY 2019 / Historic Ribbon Cutting for Cutting-edge Space at New-York Historical Society
On Thursday, January 31st, the New-York Historical Society hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Tech Commons @ New-York Historical, a new educational resource for young people.
- 01 FEBRUARY 2019 / 5th Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF Heath Initiative
On Thursday, December 31st, 2019, the fifth Special Advisory Committee Assembly for the SNF’s Heath Initiative took place between representatives of the Greek state and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).