17 MAY 2021Celebrate Pride and Juneteenth at Lincoln Center’s Restart Stages, part of the SNF-LC Agora InitiativeCelebrate Pride with the National Queer Theater, Juneteenth with artist Carl Hancock Rux, and simply being able to enjoy live performance in New York City again with an incredible lineup of artists including Moses Sumney.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens will hold an exhibition featuring iconic sculptures by renowned Greek artist Takis (Panagiotis Vassilakis, 1925-2019). The exhibition takes place in collaboration with the Takis Foundation – Research Center for the Art and the Sciences (K.E.T.E) and with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- The volunteer doctors and nurses of the Mobile Medical Units are lending their time and skills to Greece’s national COVID-19 vaccination campaign, joining Mobile Medical Units (MMU) missions to Greek islands in the coming months.
- Starting today and throughout May, New Yorkers will be able to experience a variety of live outdoor music performances, from salsa to Dvořák, at Lincoln Center, offered free through Restart Stages as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation-Lincoln Center (SNF-LC) Agora Initiative.
03 MAY 2021You Are Here, a Lincoln Center Commission through the SNF-LC Agora Initiative, Mirrors Return to Live Experiences in NYCTo begin, 25 sculptures in the midst of an “aural garden” at Lincoln Center’s outdoor campus will present audio portraits of 25 New Yorkers. Over time, these representations will be replaced by the real thing—live performances by the people themselves. You Are Here, a project created by GALLIM choreographer and artistic director Andrea Miller, will be presented this summer through Restart Stages, part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation-Lincoln Center (SNF-LC) Agora Initiative.
- The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) express their heartfelt condolences for the passing of Pavlos Ioannidis, Honorary Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Onassis Foundation.
- On May 21, Athens Photo World (APW) returns with a series of exhibitions and digital projections across Athens, including at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), showcasing the work of contemporary Greek and international photojournalists and how they help shape our image of the world.