- 23 September 2020 / Special Olympics Virtual Talent Show Brings together Young People from Mexico to Morocco
Throughout the current COVID crisis, students around the world have faced new challenges in learning in virtual settings, long days at home, and socializing with their friends. This has posed additional challenges for students with intellectual disabilities. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented face-to-face activities, the need to empower young people and recognize their talents remains very much central to the student experience.
- 23 September 2020 / Water Safety Becomes a Part of the Curriculum in Greece
Every year in Greece, 325 people lose their lives at sea. Drowning is the second leading cause of death by accident for children from infancy to the age of 14. Since its inception in 2015, the nonprofit organization Safe Water Sports has been trying to reverse the patterns that produce these sad statistics by making people safer in and near the water.
- 22 September 2020 / Students Design Apps to Help Solve Society’s Problems, from Pet Waste to Beach Crowding
Eliminating plastic waste? There’s an app for that. Apps for Good, a project of Portugal’s Center of Digital Inclusion supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), asks secondary-school students to create apps to address real social problems in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- 21 September 2020 / Stress, Sleep, and Resilience at the SNF Brain Insight Lecture
It goes without saying that 2020 has been an exceptionally stressful year. But how does all this extra stress affect our sleep, our mental health, and our aging?
- 17 September 2020 / Schieffer Series on U.S. Trade and Economic Leadership in the Next Decade
What does the United States need to do now to remain a global economic leader in 2030? Experts from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Trade Commission on Affirming American Leadership share their recommendations, a year in the making.
- 16 September 2020 / Apply now for 2021 Global Governance Fellowship at Chatham House
Applications remain open for the 2021 Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship (SNF) at Chatham House’s Queen Elizabeth II Academy.
- 16 September 2020 / Celebrating Women’s Suffrage at the SNF Agora Institute
Marking the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, an important milestone in women’s voting rights in the U.S., the Stravros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University will explore how women have shaped our democracy with a three-day event from September 17 to 19.
- 10 September 2020 / Athens Photo World 2020 Awards at the SNFCC
It’s an indelible, haunting image. A Syrian refugee, wearing a makeshift cape made of garbage bags draped over his shoulders like a superhero, gives his daughter a kiss as he carries her through the rain.
- 04 September 2020 / Mobile Medical Units Maintain Busy Schedule of Visits to Greek Islands
After a summer busy with visits to dozens of regions, the Mobile Medical Units are continuing at the same pace in the fall. In less than a month, they will travel more than 700 kilometers to visit the residents of Lipsi, Granitsa, Agrafa, Agathonisi, and Patmos.