- 27 October 2009 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: Three Years of Progress
On October 29th, 2006, while celebrating a 10-year presence in the Greek and international philanthropic community, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced its intention to proceed with the Foundation’s largest individual grant, a project of national significance.
- 27 October 2009 / Press conference of the scientific expedition Our Planet Reviewed
The press conference of the scientific expedition “Our Planet Reviewed” was held on 27.10.2009 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris to inform about the biodiversity research in Mozambique and Madagascar.
- 26 October 2009 / Recent Grants Fall 2009- Winter 2010
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors has approved at its meeting, 48 grants to not-for-profit organizations in Greece and abroad
- 23 October 2009 / Great Ideas Series
The Great Ideas Series continues with Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and CEO of the Fox Filmed Entertainment. During his visit Mr. Gianopulos will speak to public audiences in Thessaloniki on “Hellenism and Hollywood: from Aristotle to Alexander (Payne)”. November 22 -Thessaloniki at 11.00, (Warehouse A’ –John Cassavetes Hall) Coincides the 50th Thessaloniki Film Festival.
- 22 October 2009 / Penteli General Hospital for Children
Inauguration of the A/ Pediatric Clinic at the Penteli General Hospital for Children, at 12.00 noon.
- 22 October 2009 / General State Hospital of Thessaloniki “Ippokrateio”
- 15 October 2009 / Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine
On October 5, 2009, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored by FOCOS at its Second Annual Leadership Gala. The event benefited the FOCOS Orthopedic Hospital and Rehabilitation Institute being built in Ghana.
- 10 October 2009 / World Mental Health Day
Mental disorders affect nearly 12% of the world’s population – approximately 450 million, or one out of every four people, will experience a mental illness that would benefit from diagnosis and treatment. Mental health and mental illness do not discriminate; the afflictions affect people of all ages in every country, culture, and socio-economic group. Organizations such as the WFMH (World Federation for Mental Health), are working to make mental health a global priority.
- 04 October 2009 / World Animal Day
October 4th is World Animal Day, a date chosen because of the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals. It is intended as a day of celebration for anyone in the world who cares about animals, regardless of nationality, creed, religion, political belief or ideology.