- 22 December 2008 / Christmas Soccer Tournament Academy for young athletes, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The “Children’s Soccer Training” program, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003, will host an end-of-year Soccer Tournament Academy from December 27th to 29th, 2008, at the Municipal Stadium of Vrilissia, Athens.
- 18 December 2008 / The Soccer Tournament Academy and the “Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup” welcome young students to a three-day celebration
- 15 December 2008 / The completion of two milestone-projects brings added value to Social Welfare
Two significant projects, granted by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, have recently been completed, bringing added value to Social Welfare, with particular emphasis on efforts to improve the lives of people with special needs and of children suffering from cancer.
- 15 December 2008 / Seminars in New York City for orthopedic surgeons from Greece
The Foundation's grant to the Hospital for Special Surgery supports seminars in New York City for orthopedic surgeons from Greece, especially those practicing in remote areas.
- 08 December 2008 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation official member of the U.S. Green Building Council
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce that it is an official member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), a non-profit community of leaders working to make green buildings available to everyone within a generation.
- 16 October 2008 / Opening of the exhibition ”Byzantium: 330-1453” at the Royal Academy of Arts
The exhibition is proudly supported by the A.G. Leventis Foundation, the J. F. Costopoulos Foundation and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
- 14 October 2008 / The Hellenic Fire Department practices life-long learning through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
Fourteen members of the Hellenic Fire Department will depart for British Columbia, Canada, on October 18th, 2008, in order to participate in a training program on combating forest fires by the Canadian Fire Service, within the framework of the grant approved by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 26 September 2008 / Starting of the 26th ultra-marathon
The 26th historic long-distance race of 246 klm -from Athens to Sparta- has just started and Stavros Niarchos Foundation is its supporter, for the 5th consecutive year.
- 17 September 2008 / Opening of the European Rowing Championship at the Olympic Centre of Marathon, Greece
The European Rowing Championship, taking place in Greece for 2008, will open on September 18, at the most modern and highly standardized facilities of Schinias, Marathon. The Championship will last for three days (September 19-21) with the participation of more than 600 athletes, from 42 countries.