- 03 July 2009 / 100th Anniversary of Stavros Niarchos’ birth
We mark with sorrow at his passing but profound gratitude for his magnanimity the one-hundredth anniversary of the birth of our Founder, Stavros Niarchos. His legacy to Greece and the world beyond transcends his life.
- 01 July 2009 / June 30th, 2009 - Foundation's event on Education
Following last year/s event commemorating the Foundation’s activity in grants related to Health and Social Welfare causes, we are organizing a similar symposium this year to showcase the Foundation’s and other organizations’ activities in the education...
- 18 June 2009 / Emotion Pictures: 3rd International Festival on “Documentary and Disability”
For the third consecutive year the International Emotion Pictures Festival ”Documentary and Disability” will open its doors to the public with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Festival will take place from June 19th to 22nd at the new Benaki Museum.
- 15 June 2009 / Renowned retired football player Mimis Papaioannou organizes the annual Soccer School for young athletes
The Children’s Soccer Training program, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003, will host the annual Soccer School for young athletes from June 21st to 25th, 2009, at the Municipal Stadium of Pyrgos in the Prefecture of Ilia in the Peloponnese.
- 12 June 2009 / Athens Biennale, Pre-Opening: June 13-14
“Heaven” is a multi-leveled festival of modern art, stretching from the coastline of Faliron and Kallithea, in the southern suburbs, to the Olympic facilities and up to Batis and Floisvos. The founders and artistic managers of the second Biennale, XYZ, have invited a team of noted curators to express themselves on the subject of heaven.the Athens Biennale 2009, titled “Heaven,” which will take place from June 13 (pre-opening until June 14) to October 4, 2009.
- 05 June 2009 / Dedication of the Stavros Niarchos Digital Mammography Suite
On May 15, 2009, the New York Downtown Hospital dedicated the Stavros Niarchos Digital Mammography Suite. The Foundation was honored to participate in a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Suite, which houses the Digital Mammography Unit supported by the Foundation’s grant.
- 02 June 2009 / Opening of the 2nd Athens Biennale 2009
The 2nd Athens Biennale, entitled ”Heaven,” will open on June 15th...
- 02 June 2009 / Summer Soccer School and Award of the Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup
The Summer Soccer School and presentation of the Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup will take place at the Municipal Stadium of Pyrgos in the Prefecture of Ilia from June 21st to 25th, 2009.
- 22 May 2009 / May 24th - European Park Day
The European Day of Parks will celebrate its 100th anniversary this year. The first European Park was established in Sweden in 1909...