09 NOVEMBER 2021Andreas Dracopoulos honored as Archon Grand Orator by Ecumenical Patriarch BartholomewOn Monday, November 1, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos was invested as Archon Grand Orator (Megas Rhetor) by archbishop of Constantinople and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I.
09 NOVEMBER 2021Winners of 2021 Tällberg-SNF-Eliasson Global Leadership Prize focus on climate and environmentThey’ve created a marine conservation research center in Sri Lanka, combined local knowledge with established science to find new approaches to fight climate change, advocated for digital literacy for kids in Afghanistan, and championed palliative care in Rwanda.
- Climate change already touches every sector of the economy, and its effects will only grow in the coming years. The agrifood sector, highly dependent on weather and climatic conditions, is one of the most vulnerable of all.
- SAVE THE DATE 23 & 24.06.2022
- In a recent interview, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos touched on a range of issues, from the pandemic and the lessons it has taught us to SNF’s close ties with Laconia and the Foundation’s systematic efforts to strengthen the region. He also shared his personal viewpoint, showing how we can all strive for less talk and more action.
- A new multipurpose space dedicated to education and culture at Greece’s Trikala Prison was recently outfitted and opened with a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- This summer, Northern Evia experienced one of the worst natural disasters Greece has ever seen. Devastating wildfires left behind 508,000 acres of burnt land and destroyed homes, schools, roads, factories, and much of the region’s wealth of forest and wildlife.
03 NOVEMBER 2021A program of educational and social activities at the Athens Olympic Museum, supported by a grant from SNFThe Athens Olympic Museum, a member of the International Olympic Museums Network and a hub of Olympic education, announced today a collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) for the design and implementation of Agon, an Olympic Legacy a program of educational and social activities.
03 NOVEMBER 2021Young journalists explore grassroots pandemic responses in Brazil, Columbia, and PeruHomegrown, bottom-up approaches to coping with the effects of the pandemic in South America were the focus of the latest cohort of budding journalists at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) virtual Journalism Bootcamp.