- 22 October 2019 / The Town Hall Holds 98th Annual Friends of the Arts Gala
On Sunday, October 20, The Town Hall in New York City held its 98th annual Friends of the Arts Gala, for which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) provided support.
- 21 October 2019 / 25 Artists with Disabilities, 25 Writers, 1 Exhibition, 5 Cities
What would our world be like if art traveled beyond convention and prejudice? “Traveling Art,” hosted by the organization ARTOGETHER, features works by 25 artists with disabilities paired with manuscripts by 25 writers. Each writer was inspired by one particular work of art, expressing their thoughts and feelings in handwritten text.
- 21 October 2019 / Renew Democracy Initiative Conference Asks, “Democracy in America: Is Everyone In?”
An upcoming state-of-the-democracy conference in New York organized by the Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) will tackle issues in American civics from political polarization to declining faith in democracy as an essential structure.
- 18 October 2019 / Stellar Live Theater, Now Playing On-Demand for Educators
Live theater’s greatest assets as an experience—its intimacy, the fact that each performance represents a singular instance that won’t be repeated—also make it difficult to access as an education resource.
- 18 October 2019 / It’s a Social Venture! It’s Promoting Inclusion for Lisboetas! It’s a Restaurant!
There’s no other restaurant in Lisbon quite like É Um Restaurante, whose name translates to “It’s a Restaurant.”
- 18 October 2019 / Not Extinct in New York: Appreciation of the Great Outdoors
If you ask a New Yorker to recommend the city’s best assets, chances are good they’ll mention a park.
- 18 October 2019 / Opportunities for Employment Inclusion, Courtesy of Louis XIV
Marseilles-based nonprofit Acta Vista is working toward a brighter future for those excluded from employment.
- 18 October 2019 / The Drum Major Instinct and other Theater of War Projects Spark Discussion this Fall
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s powerful final sermon becomes a starting point for community discussion in Theater of War Productions’ The Drum Major Instinct project. It’s one of several projects from Theater of War’s innovative roster being performed in New York City this fall.
- 17 October 2019 / “No Finish Line,” both an Event and a Philosophy for Child Welfare
“No Finish Line” is the name Children & Future gives its weeklong fundraising event for children in need, in which participants cover as much ground as they can on a circular track.