- 06 December 2010 / The National Herald
Article in the Greek American daily, The National Herald, on the Foundation’s grant to New York Hospital Queens, in support of a fellowship, which for the next five years will train four physicians from Greece every year on critical aspects of emergency medicine.
- 01 December 2010 / Kathimerini
Article in Kathimerini on a conference about the architectural, urban and civic regeneration of Athens.
- 18 November 2010 / MDA Hellas Inaugurates the Neuromuscular Diseases Unit at the University Hospital of Patra
The newly-established Neuromuscular Diseases Unit at the University Hospital of Patra will be inaugurated on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010. The establishment of the new Unit was made possible by an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, which provided funding for renovations and the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment.
- 15 November 2010 / Inauguration of the Folkloric Museum of Orestiada
On Sunday, November 21, at 12.30, the Cultural Society for the Folkloric Museum of Orestiada will be inaugurating the Museum, which was renovated through a grant from the Foundation.
- 15 November 2010 / Opening of the “Fingerprints” exhibition
On Friday, November 19, at 19.00, the Association of Social Responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP inaugurates the exhibition “Fingerprints”, at the Vorres Museum, in Athens.
- 15 November 2010 / ELISA book launch
On Friday, November 19, at noon, ELISA – Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children will be holding a presentation of a book for young parents, which has been funded through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 November 2010 / National Herald
Article in the weekend edition of National Herald, which includes extensive coverage of the Foundation’s recent approval of a grant to the Dimitrios and Georgia Kaloidis Parochial School of the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church in Bayridge, Brooklyn.
- 05 November 2010 / Recent Grants Autumn 2010 - Winter 2011
At its most recent meeting, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors approved 54 grants to not-for-profit organizations in Greece and abroad.
- 01 November 2010 / New York Philharmonic to pay tribute to Dimitri Mitropoulos
The New York Philharmonic will offer a tribute to Dimitri Mitropoulos, its former Music Director and one of the towering musical figures of the 20th century — with concerts, lectures, film screenings, an archival exhibit, and a special radio program — throughout the month of November 2010, commemorating the 50th anniversary of his death.