- 15 October 2009 / Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine
On October 5, 2009, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored by FOCOS at its Second Annual Leadership Gala. The event benefited the FOCOS Orthopedic Hospital and Rehabilitation Institute being built in Ghana.
- 10 October 2009 / World Mental Health Day
Mental disorders affect nearly 12% of the world’s population – approximately 450 million, or one out of every four people, will experience a mental illness that would benefit from diagnosis and treatment. Mental health and mental illness do not discriminate; the afflictions affect people of all ages in every country, culture, and socio-economic group. Organizations such as the WFMH (World Federation for Mental Health), are working to make mental health a global priority.
- 04 October 2009 / World Animal Day
October 4th is World Animal Day, a date chosen because of the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals. It is intended as a day of celebration for anyone in the world who cares about animals, regardless of nationality, creed, religion, political belief or ideology.
- 25 September 2009 / Spartathlon 2009
The sixth and final year of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.
- 21 September 2009 / World Alzheimer’s Day
On September 21st the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will recognize World Alzheimer/s Day. Alzheimer/s disease is the most common cause of dementia, a collective name for progressive degenerative brain syndromes that affect memory, thinking, behavior and emotion.
- 16 September 2009 / Memorial Services for the centennial anniversary
The year 2009 marks the centennial anniversary of the birth of our founder, Stavros S. Niarchos. On Wednesday, September 16, the Foundation held a service...
- 23 July 2009 / The contract for the realization of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center was ratified by the Greek Parliament
On July 23rd, 2009, the Greek Parliament ratified the contract for the realization of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 03 July 2009 / 100th Anniversary of Stavros Niarchos’ birth
We mark with sorrow at his passing but profound gratitude for his magnanimity the one-hundredth anniversary of the birth of our Founder, Stavros Niarchos. His legacy to Greece and the world beyond transcends his life.
- 01 July 2009 / June 30th, 2009 - Foundation's event on Education
Following last year/s event commemorating the Foundation’s activity in grants related to Health and Social Welfare causes, we are organizing a similar symposium this year to showcase the Foundation’s and other organizations’ activities in the education...