- 20 September 2007 / Spartathlon race starts on September 28
For the fourth consecutive year, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is supporting the Spartathlon race, which will be run by 385 male and female athletes from around the world. This year is the 25th anniversary of the reenactment of the historic marathon, which was initiated by John Fodden 25 years ago. This year’s race will begin from the Propylaia, on Friday, September 28, at 07:00, and will finish at Sparta on Saturday, September 29 around 19:00.
- 01 August 2007 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation member of the European Foundation Centre
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has been accepted as a funding member of the European Foundation Centre. The European Foundation Centre (EFC) is an international association of foundations and corporate funders whose mission is to promote collaboration among foundations and to advance philanthropy in Europe and beyond.
- 18 June 2007 / Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup
The fifth Soccer Academy Tournament will start June 18th at the Herakleion, Crete. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has announced that it will fund the Soccer Academy Tournament for the third consecutive year. The Foundation is the sole supporter of the Tournament.
- 17 June 2007 / A. C. Dracopoulos Interview regarding the SNFCC
On the occasion of signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Greek Government regarding the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Mr. Andreas C. Dracopoulos, member of its Board of Directors, granted an interview to the Greek daily newspaper Kathimerini (which is distributed in Greece with the International Herald Tribune), the National Herald of New York and the Vima.
- 27 May 2007 / Holy Metropolitan Church of Limnos - Inauguration Ceremony of the Renovated Mansion
On May 27 the Holy Metropolitan Church of Limnos Island will reopen its mansion to the public, having undergone a renovation funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. At the inauguration ceremony, which will be held by the Metropolitan Bishop Ierotheos, Minister of the Aegean, MP’s, local authorities, as well as media and press have been invited to attend.
- 12 May 2007 / ACS - Inauguration of the Optimal Match (OM) Learning Center ”Stavros Niarchos Foundation”
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the educational thriving of children with learning difficulties, by having provided for the equipment and renovations for the creation of the Optimal Match (OM) Learning Center at the American Community Schools of Athens. Today, one year later, the inauguration of the OM Learning Center, named after its grant-maker, takes place on the ACS’ campus, at 09.00 a.m.
- 04 May 2007 / Holy Metropolitan Church of Monemvassia and Sparta - Inauguration Ceremony of the Home for the Elderly
On Friday, May 4th the Health Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos, inaugurated at 19:00 the Old People’s Home of the Holy Metropolitan Church of Monemvassia and Sparta, in Elica- Laconia. The Home was constructed and fully equipped by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. This grant will be the first, in memory of the late Mary A. Dracopoulos, sister of the founder Stavros S. Niarchos, at their county of origin, Laconia.
- 19 April 2007 / International Knowledge Sharing: Greek Orthopedic Surgeons Practicing in Underserved Areas of Greece Come to New York to Continue Their Medical Education
Hospital for Special Surgery’s International Learning and Training Center is Helping Make an Impact on Patient Care Worldwide
- 31 January 2007 / Grants dedicated in memory of Mary A. Dracopoulou
On the occasion of the death of Mary A. Dracopoulou, sister of the late Stavros Niarchos, founder of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the Board of Directors of the Foundation has unanimously decided to dedicate in her memory all the upcoming grants that will be approved during the spring of 2007.