- 10 April 2008 / Athens Award for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On April 10, 2008 the Municipality of Athens hosted the annual ceremony for the Athens’ Award -named after the city it serves. The award is granted to people or organizations that support Greek education and culture.
- 06 April 2008 / APOLLO Αward 2007
The Board of Directors of the Association of the Friends of the Greek National Opera has given the APOLLO Αward for 2007 to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its outstanding contribution to the Greek National Opera and the art of Lyric Theater.
- 17 March 2008 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Programs for Greeks of the Diaspora
The Hellenic Parliament’s Special Permanent Committee on Greeks Abroad invited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation to present their programs for Greeks of the Diaspora during the session of 4th of March, 2008.
- 03 March 2008 / New York’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMa) Director Coming to Greece
Athens (March 3, 2008) -- Glenn Lowry, Director of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York, will visit Greece for the first time and will speak to public audiences in Athens and Thessaloniki as part of the “Great Ideas” series.
- 21 February 2008 / Renzo Piano, internationally acclaimed architect, selected to design the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in Athens, Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has selected the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (http://www.rpbw.com), a world-renowned architectural firm, to design the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, which will include new state-of-the-art facilities for the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece, set within an Educational and Cultural Park. The public site for these three projects is near the center of Athens, Greece, adjacent to the sea, covering an approximate area of 42 acres (17 hectares, 170,000 m2).
- 04 December 2007 / Workshop on Wildfire Management and Economic Development in Greece
- 12 October 2007 / Kids’ Guernica exhibition
From October 18-21, the Kids’ Guernica exhibition will be hosted at Zappeion-Athens. The exhibition has been cofunded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. Kids’ Guernica is a worldwide movement, initiated in Greece by the poiein kai prattein (to create and to do) not-for-profit-organization, in which children around the world create peace paintings on large-scale canvases the same size as that of Pablo Picasso/s Guernica.
- 08 October 2007 / ”Klimt, Schiele, Kokoschka - 100 Years After” Opening Exhibition
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is proud to sponsor the exhibition Klimt, Schiele, Kokoschka, which is to open October 22 at the Megaron Plus. The major body of work in the exhibition is on loan from the Leopold Museum in Vienna.
- 21 September 2007 / Opening Exhibition of “Topoi” (Places) from the Macedonian Museum of Modern Art
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is the sole supporter of the “Topoi” exhibition (Places), which displays selected works of Greek and international painters. The artifacts are from the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art and are displayed in a thematic series, topoi. The exhibition will run from September 26 through November 25 in Athens, while in Thessaloniki, photos and engravings of the Museum’s permanent collections will be displayed.