- 01 February 2010 / Be Strong introduces cancer telephone helpline service
On the eve of World Cancer Day, February 3rd, 2010, the nonprofit organization Be Strong will inaugurate its new premises, and will introduce officially the national telephone helpline 1069.
- 01 February 2010 / Be Strong launches “1069,” a national telephone helpline for cancer patients
On January 18th, 2010, the not-for-profit organization Be Strong began operating “1069,” a new national telephone helpline that provides support to people affected by cancer.
- 01 February 2010 / World Cancer Day
- 19 January 2010 / The “National Herald” on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s grants
In an extensive article published on January 2-3, 2010, the “National Herald”, the Greek American daily in New York, refers to recent grants of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation in the areas of Education and Health.
- 18 January 2010 / Emergency relief grant to earthquake-stricken Haiti
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has responded to the catastrophic earthquake that struck Haiti by approving a grant aimed at providing immediate support and humanitarian aid to the thousands of victims.
- 18 January 2010 / Inauguration of the new wing at the General Hospital of Lixouri “Mantzavinateio”
On Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, at noon, the Metropolitan of Cephalonia, Most Reverend Spyridon, will inaugurate the new wing at the General Hospital of Lixouri, Mantzavinateio.
- 18 January 2010 / Inauguration of the New Wing at the General Hospital of Lixouri, Mantzavinateio, Cephalonia
On Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, at noon, the Metropolitan of Cephalonia, Most Reverend Spyridon, will inaugurate the new wing at the General Hospital of Lixouri, Mantzavinateio, built with an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 15 December 2009 / The Greek Sports’ Journalists Association Recognizes the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Children’s Soccer Training program
On December 14th, 2009, the Greek Sports’ Journalists Association hosted the Annual Sports Awards to recognize the top athletes, teams and coaches of the year. The ceremony, attended by a large crowd and broadcast live, included an award to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its contribution to sports.
- 15 December 2009 / The Greek Sports Journalists’ Association awards the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Children’s Soccer Training program
At its annual Sports Awards ceremony on December 14th, 2009, the Greek Sports Journalists’ Association recognized the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Foundation’s contribution to sports.