- 01 October 2011 / Athenian daily, Ta Nea, interviews SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos
In an extensive interview with Ta Nea, Andreas Dracopoulos discusses the Foundation’s philosophy and grant-making activities, and the importance of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 29 September 2011 / The National Herald: The Holy Cross school in Brooklyn attracts more students
An article in The National Herald on major educational and facility improvements at the Holy Cross school in Brooklyn, leading to increases in the student body. The facility improvements (roof playground, greenhouse) have been supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 28 September 2011 / The historical Spartathlon ultramarathon revives for yet another year
For the seventh year running, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the historical Spartathlon ultramarathon, which celebrated, this year, the 29th anniversary of the first contemporary revival of the historical journey by British Philhellene John Fodden and his team.
- 27 September 2011 / Kathimerini: Sparta – Athens: A race for athletes from all over the world
An article in Kathimerini on the Spartathlon 250km race from Athens to Sparta, which will start on September 30th, with the participation of 350 runners from 39 countries worldwide.
- 19 September 2011 / The Kingdom of Alexander the Great travels to the Louvre with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is supporting, through a grant to the Louvre Museum, the much-anticipated exhibition, In the Kingdom of Alexander the Great – Ancient Macedonia» (Au Royaume d’Alexandre le Grand – La Macedoine Antique).
- 18 September 2011 / Kathimerini: Aristotle’s complete works in Modern Greek
An article in Kathimerini on the upcoming publication of the first two volumes of the translation of Aristotle’s complete works in Modern Greek, which has been funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 17 September 2011 / Eleutherotypia: 182 years of wandering
An extensive article in the daily Eleutherotypia on the National Library of Greece. The article traces the historical evolution of the institution, its current state and problems, and the future move to its new facilities at the SNFCC.
- 15 September 2011 / To Pontiki: The GNO rushes at society
Interview by the Greek National Opera’s Artistic Director on the organization, planned changes, and the SNFCC.
- 13 September 2011 / Kathimerini: A very good piece of news
An article in Kathimerini on the importance of the establishment of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University during what has been a very difficult year for Modern Greek Studies.