- 04 October 2009 / World Animal Day
October 4th is World Animal Day, a date chosen because of the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals. It is intended as a day of celebration for anyone in the world who cares about animals, regardless of nationality, creed, religion, political belief or ideology.
- 25 September 2009 / Spartathlon 2009
The sixth and final year of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support.
- 21 September 2009 / World Alzheimer’s Day
On September 21st the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will recognize World Alzheimer/s Day. Alzheimer/s disease is the most common cause of dementia, a collective name for progressive degenerative brain syndromes that affect memory, thinking, behavior and emotion.
- 16 September 2009 / Memorial Services for the centennial anniversary
The year 2009 marks the centennial anniversary of the birth of our founder, Stavros S. Niarchos. On Wednesday, September 16, the Foundation held a service...
- 23 July 2009 / The contract for the realization of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center was ratified by the Greek Parliament
On July 23rd, 2009, the Greek Parliament ratified the contract for the realization of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 03 July 2009 / 100th Anniversary of Stavros Niarchos’ birth
We mark with sorrow at his passing but profound gratitude for his magnanimity the one-hundredth anniversary of the birth of our Founder, Stavros Niarchos. His legacy to Greece and the world beyond transcends his life.
- 01 July 2009 / June 30th, 2009 - Foundation's event on Education
Following last year/s event commemorating the Foundation’s activity in grants related to Health and Social Welfare causes, we are organizing a similar symposium this year to showcase the Foundation’s and other organizations’ activities in the education...
- 18 June 2009 / Emotion Pictures: 3rd International Festival on “Documentary and Disability”
For the third consecutive year the International Emotion Pictures Festival ”Documentary and Disability” will open its doors to the public with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Festival will take place from June 19th to 22nd at the new Benaki Museum.
- 15 June 2009 / Renowned retired football player Mimis Papaioannou organizes the annual Soccer School for young athletes
The Children’s Soccer Training program, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003, will host the annual Soccer School for young athletes from June 21st to 25th, 2009, at the Municipal Stadium of Pyrgos in the Prefecture of Ilia in the Peloponnese.