- 24 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The Association of Cancer Patients and Friends of Evros Prefecture Honors the SNF
On Sunday, September 23rd, 2018, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was awarded by the Association of Cancer Patients and Friends of Evros Prefecture for its long-standing support of the health sector in the area of Evros.
- 24 SEPTEMBER 2018 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Scott A. Small
On Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, Dr. Scott A. Small will discuss “Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease Through Its Anatomical Vulnerability” at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Brain Insight Lecture series at Columbia University.
- 24 SEPTEMBER 2018 / SNF Supports Free Admission to the Guggenheim Museum for Students, Faculty and Staff at Five CUNY Schools
Through exclusive support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York offers free admission for City University of New York students, faculty and staff from Brooklyn College, Hunter College, Lehman College, Queens College, and College of Staten Island through the museum’s University Membership pilot program.
- 21 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The Final Event of the New York City Neighborhood Library Awards
On Thursday, September 20th, 2018, the culminating event of the NYC Neighborhood Library Awards took place at the New York Public Library Schwarzman Building.
- 20 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Renzo Piano to Design SNF Agora Institute Building at Johns Hopkins University
On Thursday, September 20th, 2018, world-renowned architect Renzo Piano and his Genoa-based office, the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW), were announced as the architects to design the new headquarters of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at the Johns Hopkins University.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / The SNF Co-President, A. Dracopoulos, Attends Tactical Exercise by Hellenic Army General Staff - The SNF Approves €1.7 Million Grant to the Hellenic Army Academy
On Tuesday August 28th, 2018, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, and representatives of the SNF attended tactical exercises at the Hellenic Army General Staff – Engineer Directorate in Loutraki, in the presence of the Chief of the Hellenic Army General Staff, Lieutenant General Alkiviadis Stefanis. The visit is part of the Foundation’s evaluation of its recent grants towards the Armed Forces.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Emergency Grant Totaling €25 Million to Support the Hellenic Fire Department and Prevention & Training Initiatives
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / Interview of the SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, on Protagon.gr
In an interview with the Greek news portal Protagon.gr, the Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, discusses current events, the Foundation’s relationship with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC), “a real beast that constantly asks for your attention”, as he noted, but also an example of good cooperation between all parties involved, the SNF’s new Health Initiative as well as this year's World Cup.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2018 / State-of-the-Αrt Equipment Granted by SNF to the new Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center at Andreas Syggros Hospital in Athens
Through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), two state-of-the-art pieces of equipment have been added to the medical assets of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Center of Andreas Syggros Hospital in Athens. The Center’s renovated facilities, housing the equipment, was inaugurated on Wednesday, September 19th, 2018.