- 11 JUNE 2018 / Inauguration of renovated basketball courts in Rethymno, Crete, with the SNF support
On Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, Rethymno Cretan Kings BC and the Municipality of Rethymno, Crete, will hold the inauguration of the new basketball courts, which were renovated through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the volunteer-based program “ASSIST, Basketball and Volunteerism”.
- 08 JUNE 2018 / Inauguration of the New Linear Accelerator at the University General Hospital of Larissa, with the SNF Support
On Monday, June 11th, 2018, the General University Hospital of Larissa is inaugurating its new linear accelerator (linac) which is already in clinical operation. The procurement of the radiotherapy equipment was made possible through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of the program for the replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals across Greece.
- 08 JUNE 2018 / Open Event for the Presentation of the Innovative Maker Space Lab supported by SNF
On Saturday, June 9th, 2018, Athens Partnership hosts an open event to present the digital lab “Maker Space”, which is part of the educational program “Design for Better Learning” of the Municipality of Athens.
- 07 JUNE 2018 / The 16th Edition of Preveza Jazz Festival Starts on June 8th, with the SNF support
From June 8th to June 10th, 2018, the 16th edition of the Preveza Jazz Festival takes place, featuring Greek and International artists. The Festival is carried out with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), aiming to promote contemporary jazz in the local context.
- 05 JUNE 2018 / The SNF’s Initiatives Against the Greek Crisis Are Almost Completed
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), as part of its overall initiative to improve the treatment of cancer patients throughout the country, is implementing a grant, totaling €5 million, for the purchase of equipment, as well as the restoration and expansion of the Radiotherapy Department at the 401 Military Hospital of Athens.
- 05 JUNE 2018 / Inauguration of a Vehicle, Granted by SNF to a Special School for Deaf - Ηearing Impaired Children in Athens
On Wednesday, June 6th, 2018, the Special School for Deaf - Ηearing Impaired Children in Argyroupolis, Athens, holds a theatrical performance titled “The Αdventures of Odysseus”, as part of its ceremony for the end of the school year.
- 04 JUNE 2018 / Football Festival at the SNFCC in Collaboration with the Barça Foundation
On Sunday, June 3rd, 2018, 200 refugee children that participate in Barça Foundation’s FutbolNet methodology program in Greece had the opportunity to play and train alongside Giovanni Silva De Oliveira, former football player of FC Barcelona.
- 01 JUNE 2018 / Athens Open Schools Celebrate the End of the School Year
On Thursday, May 31st, 2018, the innovative Open Schools program of the Municipality of Athens, which is implemented with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation in collaboration with Athens Partnership, celebrated the end of the school year at the 26th Elementary Open School of Kipseli.
- 31 MAY 2018 / 18th Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture of the Peterson Institute for International Economics
On Wednesday, May 30th, 2018, the Peterson Insitute for International Economics hosted the 18th Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at their headquarters in Washington, DC.