- 16 March 2020 / A Tool to Track the Geographical Distribution of COVID-19 from iMEdD Lab
As the spread of COVID-19 becomes ever more the focus of global concern, iMEdD Lab has created an interactive, user-friendly application to help the public stay informed of the geographic distribution of the virus and abreast of ongoing developments.
- 12 March 2020 / Folk Song and Weaving, Hip Hop and Oral History Combine in New Public Humanities Projects
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) has announced its first cohort of projects.
- 11 March 2020 / We are planning an incredible SNFestival while keeping a close eye on developments
In line with many other institutions, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is monitoring the situation with COVID-19 very closely, particularly as it relates to the public events the Foundation organizes. The safety and wellbeing of participants is our highest priority at these events.
- 11 March 2020 / Fellowships for 80 Young Greek Artists at ARTWORKS
Are you a young Greek artist?
- 11 March 2020 / SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Frasier University Releases Annual Publication
“It was an absolute pleasure to work in such a friendly and supportive environment with so many experienced and talented officers,” says Simon Fraser University undergraduate Kyra Mainer of her experience interning at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) Athens office.
- 10 March 2020 / Spyros Louis’ Silver Cup, from the SNFCC, to Ancient Olympia
Spyros Louis’ Silver cup has traveled more than 290 kilometers to the Ancient Olympic Games Museum, on the occasion of the Olympic Flame Lighting Ceremony for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, which will take place on March 12th. The Cup will remain there temporarily, next to Spyros Louis’ skyphos vase, which recently became a permanent exhibit of the collection.
- 09 March 2020 / Soccer Star Gives Kids in his Native Brazil a Quality Place to play
Over the weekend, kids in the Brazilian city of Taquaritinga gained a new place to play that’s not only safe and dignified, but good enough for a superstar soccer pro.
- 05 March 2020 / Tällberg Foundation Seeks Nominations for 2020 Global Leadership Prize
Do you know a leader in any field of work whose vision makes them stand out not only in their field, but also in life?
- 05 March 2020 / Greek National Opera has opened its Curtain on Enchantment for 80 years
Eighty years ago today, the Greek National Opera (GNO) staged its inaugural performance, Johann Strauss II’s famous operetta Die Fledermaus. To mark the anniversary, hundreds have gathered for a contemporary production of the same operetta, celebrating the GNO’s rich past and ambitious future.