- Following a temporary pause due to the pandemic, a traveling exhibition featuring works by visual artists with disabilities and handwritten texts by writers is making its way to Sparta.
03 JUNE 2021Envisioning a New Paradigm for Supporting Artists in Partnership with the Mellon FoundationCreatives Rebuild New York (CRNY), a major new three-year initiative announced by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation in partnership with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Ford Foundation, will offer artists in New York State stable income and fulltime employment opportunities.
- Since the Dancing Fountains at the SNFCC Canal debuted with spectacular choreographed water shows during the 2019 SNF Nostos summer celebration, they have captivated visitors of all ages.
- Children’s Surgical Hospital, a new facility in Entebbe, Uganda, created through the efforts of Italian nonprofit EMERGENCY, began serving patients in April 2021. The first patients, Ramadhan, Topista, Justine, Katongole, Matovu, and Jordan, are between 3 and 11 years old and received treatment for a range of medical conditions.
- Five people who have experienced homelessness talk about this social issue in the SNF DIALOGUES webcast.
- Medusa, Hercules, and Daedalus will be your teachers in the newest educational resource on the Staellinika platform: a course on mythology for learners 8 and up.
- Two exceptional Roman mosaics in Sparta are now on display for the public to enjoy. The House of the Mosaics, constructed through an initiative spearheaded by former Minister Ioannis Varvitsiotis and supported in full by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), is now welcoming visitors.