- 19 April 2007 / International Knowledge Sharing: Greek Orthopedic Surgeons Practicing in Underserved Areas of Greece Come to New York to Continue Their Medical Education
Hospital for Special Surgery’s International Learning and Training Center is Helping Make an Impact on Patient Care Worldwide
- 31 January 2007 / Grants dedicated in memory of Mary A. Dracopoulou
On the occasion of the death of Mary A. Dracopoulou, sister of the late Stavros Niarchos, founder of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the Board of Directors of the Foundation has unanimously decided to dedicate in her memory all the upcoming grants that will be approved during the spring of 2007.
- 12 December 2006 / Inauguration of the Medical and Occupational Treatment Shelter of Trikala
The inauguration of the Medical and Occupational Shelter in Trikala (Thessaly) took place on Tuesday, December 12 at Pili of Trikala. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided exclusive funding for renovating and equipping the shelter to be a safe and pleasant environment for children with special needs.
- 20 November 2006 / Foundation of Infants and Children in Alexandroupolis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation inaugurated on Monday, November 20, at 12:00 in Alexandroupolis, the Center for Infants of the Holy Metropolitan Church (H.M.C.) of Alexandroupolis. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation -in order to create a center for the hosting of orphans and children from poor/one parent families- has totally covered all the construction, equipment and furnishing expenses.
- 14 November 2006 / New home for the Friends of Merimna
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the purchase of a new building for the “Friends of Merimna” whose inauguration will take place November 14, 2006 at 11.30 a.m., by the Health Minister, Mr. D. Avramopoulos.
- 13 November 2006 / Board of Directors Meeting in Thessaloniki
During the recent Board of Directors Meeting, of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation in Thessaloniki, various important grants were approved, both in Greece and abroad. Especially for N. Greece, the Board announced that it will continue its activities, by granting two major projects in the health sector, among other donations awarded.
- 29 October 2006 / STAVROS NIARCHOS FOUNDATION CULTURAL CENTER
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce its intention to cooperate with the Greek State, in order to fully fund the expenses for the studies, construction and equipment of three major National Projects, located at the Athens Faliron Delta, in an area covering 200,000 sq. m., for the use of the general public adopting the most advanced international standards –especially in matters of access and use for persons with special needs.
- 29 June 2006 / The reconstructed ICU at ”P. & A. Kyriakou” Children/s Hospital
One of Greece/s most important sites for children/s acute care, the intensive care unit of ”P. & A. Kyriakou” Children/s Hospital has been reconstructed and renovated after twenty years of operation.
- 27 June 2006 / National Gallery of Art - National Sculpture Gallery
With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the two historic buildings of the 19th cent., the stables of Goudi Army Park, have been renovated and modernized to shelter the National Sculpture Museum.