- 30 November 2009 / Inauguration of the Stavros Niarchos Hostel at the General University Hospital of Alexandroupolis
The Stavros Niarchos Hostel at the General University Hospital of Alexandroupolis will be inaugurated on Sunday, December 6th, at noon by his Reverence, the Metropolitan Bishop of Alexandroupoli, Anthimos.
- 20 November 2009 / World Children’s Day
One of the common themes underlying the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s giving is a commitment to supporting children in need and to promoting the growth potential of children around the world by enabling their healthy living and intellectual development.
- 16 November 2009 / Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and CEO of Fox Filmed Entertainment, coming to Greece
Jim Gianopulos, Chairman & CEO of Fox Filmed Entertainment, will visit Greece and address public audiences in Athens and Thessaloniki on November 22nd and 23rd respectively, as part of the “Great Ideas” series.
- 01 November 2009 / Renzo Piano in “Abitare” - November 2009 issue
This article is taken from ”Being Renzo Piano”, a special issue of ”Abitare” edited by Anna Foppiano, Giovanna Silva (photography), Mario Piazza (art direction), November 2009.
- 30 October 2009 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
Following the ratification of the contract for the SNFCC and its inclusion in the government gazette, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) was established on August 7, 2009 under the name of “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).”
- 27 October 2009 / Inauguration of the Child Oncology and Thalassemia Units at the General State Hospital of Thessaloniki Hippocrateio, by H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Karolos Papoulias
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has long supported the General State Hospital of Thessaloniki Hippocrateio on the expansion and total renovation of the Child Oncology Unit, as well as the renovation for the new building of the Thalassemia Unit.
- 27 October 2009 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: Three Years of Progress
On October 29th, 2006, while celebrating a 10-year presence in the Greek and international philanthropic community, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced its intention to proceed with the Foundation’s largest individual grant, a project of national significance.
- 27 October 2009 / Press conference of the scientific expedition Our Planet Reviewed
The press conference of the scientific expedition “Our Planet Reviewed” was held on 27.10.2009 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris to inform about the biodiversity research in Mozambique and Madagascar.
- 26 October 2009 / Recent Grants Fall 2009- Winter 2010
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors has approved at its meeting, 48 grants to not-for-profit organizations in Greece and abroad