- 07 September 2011 / Inauguration of Renzo Piano’s project in Ronchamp, France
The inauguration of the emblematic “Ronchamp 2008-2010” project will take place on Friday, September 9th. The project includes the expansion and renovation of the space surrounding the church of Notre Dame du Haut, created by Le Corbusier (1955).
- 18 August 2011 / Demokratia: The quiet work of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
Article in the daily Demokratia on the extensive philanthropic activities of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
- 18 August 2011 / Kathimerini: Hope from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
A reader’s letter to the daily Kathimerini, commenting on the proposal by the Foundation’s Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos, regarding support for the Merchant Seamen’s Fund
- 01 August 2011 / Kathimerini's GK magazine features an interview with Andreas Dracopoulos and an extensive presentation of the SNFCC
Andreas Dracopoulos, the Co-President of the SNF, talks about Greece, the future, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center and the Foundation’s grantmaking activities in an interview for Kathimerini’s GK magazine.The magazine also features an extensive presentation of the SNFCC.
- 16 July 2011 / Open Captioning Performances in Charlotte, North Carolina
As part of its National Open Captioning Initiative, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the Theatre Development Fund just captioned a performance of the show Next to Normal at the Blumenthal Performing Arts, Knight Theatre, in Charlotte, NC.
- 14 July 2011 / To Vima: A productive summer at Veria Public Library
Article in To Vima, on the summer programs of the Veria Public Library, supported through a grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 July 2011 / To Pontiki: Culture’s Porsche
Article in To Pontiki, which raises questions on the ability of the Greek State to successfully operate the SNFCC when it undertakes its full control, after its completion in 2015.
- 06 July 2011 / Athens Voice: The city faces the sea
Article in Athens Voice on Renzo Piano’s final design for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, and his master plan for the redevelopment of the Faliron Delta.
- 30 June 2011 / Ethnos: 170,000 square meters of hope at the Faliron Delta
Article in Ethnos on the press conference for the presentation of Renzo Piano’s final plans of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center