- 06 May 2011 / Article in Kathimerini on the June 29th public presentation by Renzo Piano of the final architectural plans for the SNFCC
Article in Kathimerini regarding Renzo Piano’s June 29th public presentation of his final architectural plans for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 05 May 2011 / Ta Nea interview with Dimitris Protopsaltou, co-founder of the non-profit organization Future Library
An interview in the daily Ta Nea with the co-founder of the non-profit organization Future Library, Dimitris Protopsaltou, about the feasibility report examining and analyzing the current status of Greece’s public and municipal libraries.
- 03 May 2011 / Event to present the electronic database of the LIMC Foundation
The Foundation, Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae (LIMC), will present the completed Lexicon of the iconography of Greek, Roman and Etruscan mythology on May the 3rd. The project has been supported by the SNF.
- 30 April 2011 / Article in Kathimerini about financial support for eighteen cultural projects in Athens
Article in Kathimerini about financial support for eighteen cultural projects in Athens, including the expansion of the National Gallery, a project for which the organization has requested support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 26 April 2011 / Opening of the exhibition Romanian Kiosk Company
The opening of the exhibition, Romanian Kiosk Company, by the first Stavros Niarchos Foundation Artist in Residence, Mircea Nicolae, took place on Monday, April 25 at the 32 Edgewood Ave Gallery at Yale University. The exhibition is supported through the Dean’s Resource Fund provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 20 April 2011 / To Vima article on excavation project at the Ismenion hill in Thebes
Article in the online daily To Vima about the first joint Greek-American archaeological survey and excavation project at the Ismenion hill in Thebes, Greece.
- 17 April 2011 / National Herald article on seminars for Greek orthopedic surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery
Article in The National Herald about the seminars which were organized at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and were attended by sixteen Greek orthopedic surgeons.
- 15 April 2011 / Interview of Ioannis Trohopoulos in To Vima online
The Director of the Veria Central Public Library and Head of the Future Library initiative talks to To Vima regarding this new project, supported through a grant from the Foundation.
- 13 April 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the “Public/Municipal Libraries in Greece Program” study
With a grant to the non profit organization Future Library (www.futurelibrary.gr), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports a study aimed at documenting the current state of public and municipal libraries in Greece, and the preparation of a plan and proposals for actions to improve them.